This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
    Ah, and there he shows his ignorance. Getting an education doesn't guarantee you a white collar, no stress, come to work at noon job. That's painfully obvious to anyone with a brain cell.
    ^ This. I have craploads of qualifications, but I work in retail cuz jobs are hard to get, plus retraining costs the earth and I have to eat and pay rent and bills, so I can't afford it.

On the subject of bins; we have six bins on the forecourt, yet customers still throw rubbish on the ground. The good news is that we cashiers don't have to touch the rubbish; only the janitors can do that. This was made a rule after two hypodermic needles were found on the forecourt.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'm a bike commuter. Twice now, I've seen people toss their trash to the side of the road right in front of me. One was a pedestrian with a half-full fast food soda cup; the other was a driver with an energy drink can. Both times, I stopped, grabbed the trash, chased after the person, handed the trash to them and cheerily said, "Hey, you dropped this back there. Just thought I'd bring it back to you in case you still needed it. Wouldn't want people thinking you're littering, right?" Both times, the person accepted the trash back without a word as if stunned into silence.

Kinda wish I could do that more often.

(I only managed to catch up with the car because of traffic and red lights. Got lucky with that one.)

I've also seen instances where people push their trash into a bush or a pile of snow on the side of the road with an obvious out-of-sight-out-of-mind attitude. Shopping carts, too, but I think the bushes and snow piles are worse because the trash is invisible until the seasons change.

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
      Indeed. There are days I miss delivering pizza for a living; to just spend the day tooling around in my car listening to music and getting paid for it. I miss the tips, too.
      Me too!
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

Working...
      X