Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gremlins, Home Depot and the return of the Parkade(tm)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
    GIRLS!! I hope you are all taking notes!!! Dark hair, Glasses, and A RUSSIAN ACCENT!!! thats all you need to bag GK.
    Glasses alone can work to be honest. Dark or red hair will do it too ( Curse you, Scottish blood ). As will any sort of European or Australian accent. =p

I am mortal, I do have weaknesses. ><

Of course none of those are valid if a certain minimum IQ is not met. ^^

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
      a crowd of thousands of intelligent people.
      Impossible. Such a thing does not exist.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

CLUCK! CLUCK! CLUCK! BEEEEGOCK!!!!

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
          Glasses alone can work to be honest. Dark or red hair will do it too ( Curse you, Scottish blood ). As will any sort of European or Australian accent.
          Glasses? Check.

Red(dish) hair? Check.

European or Australian accent? How about an interesting WI/NJ hybrid accent with southern and weird Irish thrown in on occasion?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS
            a crowd of thousands of intelligent people.
            Quoth wagegoth View Post
            Impossible. Such a thing does not exist.
            Well, the current CS.com member count is at 2,026, so I suppose being 2,000 or above, it's technically the plural "thousands".

Now, that's assuming at least 2,000 of us are intelligent, but if not, we're certainly gettin' there!

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              Glasses? Check.

Red(dish) hair? Check.

European or Australian accent? How about an interesting WI/NJ hybrid accent with southern and weird Irish thrown in on occasion?
              I'm not sure I even know what an NJ accent sounds like. I've been told I have a "Canadian" accent.....damned if I know what that means. Still, glasses + reddish. ^^
              hehe

Comment

I've been told I have a "Canadian" accent.....damned if I know what that means.
                Now, I've listened to your audio you've posted and I haven't heard say "Eh?" or "aboot" once.

*dodges GK's attack beaver*
                "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I'm not sure I even know what an NJ accent sounds like.
                  It rather sounds like a cross between a Brooklyn accent and the stereotypical "Joisey" accent they use in movies and on TV.

I guess...

Still, glasses + reddish. ^^hehe

Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Glasses alone can work to be honest. Dark or red hair will do it too ( Curse you, Scottish blood ). As will any sort of European or Australian accent. =p

hmmmmmmm
                    I have glasses
                    I have dark brown hair...
                    And a quasi-british/australian/south african accent...

oooooooooh Graaaaaaaaaaaaaavekeeeeeeepeeeeeeeeer...

Dammit, we need an eyelash fluttering smiley...
                    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Moo.
                      Purrrr.

"Clearly"

SC: "My truck is stuck in the parkade! Can someone come get it out? I came back and it was locked."
                      Thanks to your barrage of car parkade idiots, I feel a sense of panic anytime I park in one of them. My friend parked in one last night and I instantly worried that we would be locked in. Thanks for adding one more panaroia to my dish.

We would be ruling our own self contained tropical island nation and you would be feeding us grapes.

Usually I just say, "If I had the ability to do that, I wouldn't be working here." However, I like your version better.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
                      ( This is a real estate office. )

SC: "Can you send a patrol car to circle my neighbourhood? I hear weird noises outside my house…."
                      You have to be a special kind of idiot to screw up calling 911.

Quoth Aressel View Post
                      Sorry, but this just reminded me...

[Grandpa]Let's see...I'm an elk, a Mason, a communist. I'm the president of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance for some reason...ah, here it is. The Stonecutters. [/Grandpa]

Classic episode that.
                      I thought the exact same thing when I read the OP!

GIRLS!! I hope you are all taking notes!!! Dark hair, Glasses, and A RUSSIAN ACCENT!!! thats all you need to bag GK.

Glasses-I have a pair that I rarely wear, but check!

Red/dark hair-Auburn hair-check!

Accent-Hmm, although I have always lived in Vancouver, I have been told that I have a Maritime/Irish accent at times...so that will have to do-check!

IQ-check!

Awesome.....
                      -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                      -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Would you take a well faked Irish accent during orgasm?

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post
                          Accent-Hmm, although I have always lived in Vancouver, I have been told that I have a Maritime/Irish accent at times...so that will have to do-check!
                          I *am* from the Maritimes. So I started out speaking Islander ( PEI. Which oddly sounds a lot like Australian ), then my step-mom + step brother were French ( I lived with my mom, but was easily influenced on the weekends ), so I ended up picking up weird ways of saying things from them. Then I moved out here when I was 10 and have been exposed to the west coast speech patterns for 17 years.

I don't think I have any sort of accent but god only knows after all that. I know I did when I was a kid.. -.-

o.O

Well, thats the most, er.....interesting....question I've been asked this week. ( Of course I don't go back to work till Weds so there's still time ).

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                            GRAVEKEEPER

Quote:

o.O

Well, thats the most, er.....interesting....question I've been asked this week. ( Of course I don't go back to work till Weds so there's still time ).

To quote Mr. Jayne Cobb - I could stand to hear a little more.

Comment

Hmmm..... Dark hair - check... glasses - I can get those... Russian accent - oooh, that's a tough one... IQ - check

Hey, GK, what about an Irish/Romanian accent? I can do one of those!

I'm not sure I even know what an NJ accent sounds like. I've been told I have a "Canadian" accent.....damned if I know what that means.
                              If you're dealing with people from the US, a Canadian accent is very, very close to a generic US accent, only words with an ow vowel (like vowel, for instance) tend to have a bit of an ooh sort of sound more than an ow sort of sound. It's subtle, but instantly recognizable, especially if you like accents, like me.

Normally, I have a fairly generic US English accent. I call it a dictionary accent. Although, I'll sometimes lapse into something more southern California, and when I'm tired, I develop quite a distinctive southern drawl. And sometimes a stutter, too.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm not sure I know what Romanian sounds like either.. Irish is aways good. I'll give you Irish. ;p

So you Yankees can instantly recognize a Canadian accent? I know they immediately perceive me as foreign when I get calls from certain southern states: Because I'm forming complete sentences. But I know they can't ID me because I'm often asked something akin to "Whar ya'll from, boy?".

Comment

Working...
                                X