Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knives and group cutlery are age restricted; along with scissors of all kinds including plastic safety scissors. I dare anyone to take a pair of safety scissors and a spoon to go and rob a betting shop.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Sherriff Of Nottingham :- I'm going to cut his heart out with a rusty spoon
      Minion:- Why not use a knife?
      S.o.N.:- Because it will hurt more you idiot!

A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Not sure if you work at Sainsbury's but that is the only place I have seen prompt for age restriction on newspapers, It is a prompt to staff though - if the newspaper doesn't have a DVD you can sell it to anyone.
        Not sure the position on spoons. Legally you can sell them but of course it is up to the store what they choose to sell to anyone (hence some stores restricting alcohol to over 21s though the legal limit is 18).

Comment

Quoth Fiyero View Post
          Not sure if you work at Sainsbury's but that is the only place I have seen prompt for age restriction on newspapers,
          I've seen it at a number of locations recently, it appears to be spreading.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
            I've seen it at a number of locations recently, it appears to be spreading.
            It's the newspapers latest marketing trend. "If we make it age-restricted, all the teenagers who think they're more mature than they are will want to buy it..."

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
              It's the newspapers latest marketing trend. "If we make it age-restricted, all the teenagers who think they're more mature than they are will want to buy it..."
              So...was I the only teenager who bought the paper just to read the funnies?
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                So...was I the only teenager who bought the paper just to read the funnies?
                Most of them are online now. Fewer dead trees, no cost... yeah, there's a reason the newspaper industry is in trouble.

Comment

Quoth iviles View Post
                  Wow our regesters dont even prompt us to check id for condoms!
                  I should hope not. I would hate to live somewhere that allowed stores to only sell condoms to people 18 and older, as though they're the only ones who are having sex.
                  Protection and responsibility shouldn't have an age restriction.

But on topic of the post, I can't think of anything here that has as age restriction aside from paintballs.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                    2. The spooooons! Fear them!

Teaspoons also have an age restriction; it is 18. Yes, you heard me. You have to be aged 18 to buy spoons at the supermarket. It has caused much merriment when I've been forced to ID someone buying teaspoons; so far I haven't had anyone be nasty, but I've had lots of people who didn't believe me and had to be shown my screen with the age restriction up. It's ridiculous. -.-
                    Cheap alternative for a crack pipe? I've seen this on various TV shows where they use a teaspoon for this purpose. Still stupid.

I love selling small, precise scales, because the people who buy them just make no attempt at hiding what they want, they know what they're buying it for, we know it, we sell it, we don't ask questions as they're generally good mannered. We have them all at a ridiculously huge markup ($90, $100 and $118), they buy them with cash, no questions asked. Of course one of our ditzy young girls who works part time decided to ask one time.. with one of my colleagues next to hear literally head-desking.

With the newspaper, I've noticed the british Sunday Papers seem to just be a distribution point for free stuff lately. Are they that desperate for readership?
                    Last edited by Ree; 03-31-2008, 11:32 PM.
                    - Boochan

Comment

Quoth Boochan View Post
                      With the newspaper, I've noticed the british Sunday Papers seem to just be a distribution point for free stuff lately. Are they that desperate for readership?
                      Yes. Yes they are.

And while they whine about the internet causing them distress, it likely has more to do with regurgitated AP wire reporting than anything else.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        I dare anyone to take a pair of safety scissors and a spoon to go and rob a betting shop.
                        I'll accept that dare if everyone promises to visit me in jail.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

So if it could concievably be used in a criminal activity it's age restricted? I do not know how to express how troubling that is.

Comment

Interestingly enough, I thought this thread was going to be about some stupid kids that tried to threaten people with spoons.

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                            So if it could concievably be used in a criminal activity it's age restricted? I do not know how to express how troubling that is.
                            Exactly what I was thinking. Anything has the potential for being misused, so I guess everything needs to be age restricted and/or kept behind the counter. Hell, back when I was in school, some asshole kid stabbed me in the leg with a pencil.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Back in primary school, I stabbed this girl in the arm with a compass cuz I didn't like her and the teacher made us sit next to each other. XD

Now everyone's discussed the spoons; how about the other stories?
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
                                We sell camping items which do include spoons, bowls and scouring pads "made for cleaning" and since we have so many climbers we sell small quantities (one sponge, one person sets of silverware, etc)

And those little flowers they mention, I could easily see my mother-in-law thinking such a thing would be a cute little counter-top impulse item. She wouldn't have a clue.
                                Every time there is a post with drug references, I feel as if I must chime in as some kind of self-proclaimed "expert".

The name of the scouring pad most often used for drug use is "chore boy". Most commonly used for the consumption of crack.

The little flower thing - yeah, silly - sold in most places as "love roses". Sure. Whatever you say. Love my meth roses is more like it.

And when it comes to inhalants - someone mentioned cheez whiz - let's not forget whipped cream cans. Thsose are charged with nitrous oxide. Known in some circles as "hippie crack".

Now banning the sale of spoons for those under 18 - wow, that's a first. I mean I can see it - I guess. And it would have to be metal spoons because if they are trying to curb drug usage with the spoons - you can't light a flame under a plastic spoon. Funny though, they haven't banned the sale or passing out of syringes.

And as far as over the counter medicine goes - its anything with Pseudoephedrine and unfortunate as it is and as much as a hassle it is for those not cooking it down to make meth - I wholeheartedly agree with these laws. As a recovering meth addict - I applaud ANYTHING that helps fight this drug.

http://www.drugfree.org/Portal/DrugI...s.Montage.html

I'm the only chic in the ad. Don't blink or you'll miss me.
                                Last edited by Ree; 03-31-2008, 11:33 PM.
                                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X