Go Back   Customers Suck! > Site News > Site News

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 06:11 AM
Bullets and Bracelets

I've been (mostly lurking) since the Mr. Slugger days. Sad to see this. Just sent a job request for the Facebook group.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:23 AM
Unsteady as she goes

Raps, you've gotta do what's best for you, and I truly appreciate all the work AND money you've put into this place. I came here from another forum where people didn't behave nearly as well to each other, and this is the best of all the sites I regularly visit. I really hope someone will buy it and maintain it as close as possible to this format, but if not, let me say a huge and heartfelt THANK YOU to you and to all the wonderful people who visit here.

P.S. This may be a minority opinion, but I have no Facebook account, nor do I want anything to do with it, so if that turns out to be the only remaining CS forum, I won't be going there

Old 01-18-2016, 06:32 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

On FB: I'm not an admin there, but new CS people have been joining the group left and right since the announcement -- whoever has approval permissions is probably just offline/asleep/working ^_^ Have no fear.
“Last night, you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again.” - Morticia Addams

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 01-18-2016, 09:22 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
*cough* Facebook CS Group *cough*
Damn. I may have to give in and get a FB account

Raps, thank you for everything you've done for us. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's only managed to remain sane by having somewhere safe to come and hang out for a while, even if the reasons for needing that safe place never get shared around.

I wonder; I've noticed some people posting to say they have the skills and time but not the money. Would it be possible to crowd-fund? Possibly ask for people willing to make a voluntary donation of, say £1 a month to help carry costs? While there are those who can't manage that or would be unwilling, there might be enough regulars who can do it to help pay for the site, plus those who might be able to make the odd one-off donation if things are getting tight (I would probably be in the latter category, depending on the time of year).

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:30 AM
Just some guy

I considered donations back in the day - decided against. I've got no issue if a group of people want to run the place, but that's fraught with the usual issues when there's more than one person involved.

Rapscallion

Old 01-18-2016, 09:59 AM
Area Manager

Through cancer and upheavals, cs has been there.
Facebook is not the same as a well-run forum.
I would certainly be willing to pay something to keep the place.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:44 AM
―\_(ツ)_/―

Quote:
Quoth greek_jester View Post
Damn. I may have to give in and get a FB account
Not me. If this site goes, I'll probably just disappear along with it. Facebook just wouldn't be the same, and a whole lot riskier.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Old 01-18-2016, 11:41 AM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

Quote:
Quoth Seraph View Post
Yeah, same boat here. I've been lurking, just haven't had time with all the absolute chaos erupting at my place, to actually post.

Followers of me on FB can vouch that, yep, it's been...weird.
When is it anything ever but weird with you? :P

Old 01-18-2016, 12:08 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
Not me. If this site goes, I'll probably just disappear along with it. Facebook just wouldn't be the same, and a whole lot riskier.
You'll be missed. There's a lot of people who'll be missed.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 01-18-2016, 12:51 PM
Till Monkey

I wouldn't follow to FB either ... I don't trust work to not 'snoop' on my activities on FB.

Hopefully we can find someone to take over the site, or move elsewhere
Closed Thread