Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 11-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Battle-Hardened T-Bell Veteran

The Deny-er: Their card is declined. They insist I try it again. Of course it declines again since no money has been put into the account between the time I swiped it the first time and the second time. They ask me if I'm running it as credit (or debit, depending on the result of a mental coin-flip). I humor them and try running it as the other. Still declined. "Does that card not work??" They ask. "Oh it works, you just have no money. Actually, you have LESS than no money. In fact, you have so much less-than-no-money that apparently you have been CUT OFF." ---Is what I want to say. But since I'm such a nice guy >_> I just say, "It's just declined".

Old 11-30-2012, 02:40 PM

The Illiterate : I hand them a Diet Pepsi with the tab pressed first, then the regular Pepsi. "Which one's which??" "The one marked diet, is diet." Apparently that's not the right answer since they got all kinds of pissed at me when I said that. I'm calling entrapment on that one.

Not to be outdone by: The Colorblind : Hands them two drinks. "Which one's which??" "The clear one is Sierra Mist, and the yellow one is Mountain Dew."

The Procrastinator : Puts clothes on, leaves the house, drives all the way to my drive-thru, and THEN decides what he wants, while every car in the tri-county area lines up behind them.

Stevie Wonder : "I can't read the menuboard!!"

The Too Cool to Acknowledge You : Customer orders at the speaker, then pays you and takes the food without talking to you or even turning his head. I know you can talk fool, I heard you at the speaker.

The Thinks I Was Born Yesterday : "We're not drunk!! We're just really tirrrrrrred."

The Paranoid : "Please don't spit in our food." "Don't worry, we only do that when people ask us not to." I got so sick of people saying that that I now say that every time, just to mess with them.

Happy go Pukey : Passenger opens the car door and vomits in the lane. I'm so looking forward to having that in my field of vision for the rest of the night.

The Pied Piper : Attracts ants to our store by dumping out a soda at the window, and sometimes they even have the nerve to ask me to throw the can/bottle away for them.

The Pedestrian : Customer's car won't start either at the speaker or at the window, which means us employees have to push their car out of the way.

The Fugitive : Customer gets arrested while in the drive-thru. The employees eat his meal. This has only happened to me once.

The Math Whiz : Takes a number two where most people take a number one.

The Math Whiz 2 : "I said I want no lettuce on that!!" "See that little horizontal line?? That means minus." Didn't actually say that of course.

The Prioritizer : Customer's sound system is worth more than the car itself.

The Addict : Comes in every day for his "fix".

The Junkie : Scrambles and scrounges in every nook and cranny of his car until he somehow materializes enough change for one burrito. Oftentimes the contents of their car, as well as the condition of the car itself, reflects their junkie status.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Computer Tech

Quote:
Quoth NightAngel View Post
The Singer:
S/he may or may not be your average SC. They may even be totally polite, prepared and wonderful overall.
You think that sucks? I had a co-worker like that.

Last edited by Ree; 12-20-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Trimmed quote

Old 01-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Trainee

The only a manager can help me person- They ask the manager things like where is the bathroom? Because only a manager would know this. Guess other employees were telling them to crap in the fitting room.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Area Manager

How about these (don't know if they've been covered yet or not):

The "Do You Know Who I Am!?" customer.
No, and frankly, I don't care. And they always claim to be someone very IMPORTANT. So important, in fact, that you should bow before them.

The "I know the Owner/Manager" customer.
Claims they personally know the owner/manager.

I've heard of both of these being used when a customer tries to get their way.

Most of the time they fail.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:09 PM
Sales Serf

The Repeater

Procedes to tell you why they want to buy something, and then for some ungodly reason, repearting the very long story of why they want to buy something after every followup question you ask related to the order.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:54 AM

The are you open - "Good evening, how are you tonight??"

"Are you open??"

"NOPE!! I just greeted you to get your hopes up. Here's your sign."

Old 02-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth Starman View Post
The are you open - "Good evening, how are you tonight??"

"Are you open??"

"NOPE!! I just greeted you to get your hopes up. Here's your sign."
I need a Like Button!!! This is usually when your light is on and you're standing there. Then if your light is off because (oh, I don't know, it's time to go home) and they will pass by the lanes with lights on to go to yours.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Old 02-20-2013, 01:39 AM
I need a life

Quote:
Quoth Starman View Post
Not to be outdone by: The Colorblind : Hands them two drinks. "Which one's which??" "The clear one is Sierra Mist, and the yellow one is Mountain Dew."
Read about this one in a book about the airline industry by a couple flight attendants.

P = passenger
FA = flight attendant

FA: (with tray of plastic cups of soda) Would you like Coke or Sprite?
P: Which is which?
FA: I don't know - I wasn't there when they were poured.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Philosophical Tomato

Quote:
Quoth Lovecats View Post
I need a Like Button!!! This is usually when your light is on and you're standing there. Then if your light is off because (oh, I don't know, it's time to go home) and they will pass by the lanes with lights on to go to yours
I can even have my Closed sign up and glance up from signing off to see an SC has managed to load most of their crap on the belt. Usually, this happens when I'm physically blocked from leaving the register because of a customer at the next register who is too oblivious/self-important to let me sneak past them. For some reason, even if a cashier is already signed off they are not allowed to refuse a customer who already has items on the belt....although depending on who's running the front end I'm allowed to ignore them if I've been told to do something else/FEM knows that I have a last-minute schedule change and need to be somewhere else five minutes ago.