Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Shot yourself in the foot in the first 3 minutes...
Old 07-11-2018, 12:18 AM
I need a life

Default Shot yourself in the foot in the first 3 minutes...

It's common practice when dealing with finance that there are pieces of information that, even if you are on the account, you should have to verify. So I get that from her but I see she's not on the account. In order to add her I need to verify the address. Her response? "Look, I called about an invoice. Can we just get right to that?" in a snotty tone. I tell her that in order to give out info. I have to verify and add her. She begrudgingly rattles it off impatiently. I put in her name and I ask for email. Now, they do not have to give me that but I have to ask. If they let me know their company won't let them or whatever I have a dummy email I can use. And most are nice about it.
But again with the dismissive, snotty response that she doesn't want to give it. I put in the dummy.

OK, on to billing. Payment was 3 days late. Honestly, I could've waived the fee on the grace period policy alone but I decided it was valid* and offered--though I totally didn't have to--half the amount. She got mad that I wouldn't waive the whole thing and told me she didn't want any of it waived. So I noted that even though she'll never see it, as it went to the dummy email. I feel for whomever fields the next call if her company doesn't pay it. It will late fee them every month until they're driven nuts. It will stop eventually.....

*Yes, we have a grace period but in the terms and conditions we don't so I can declare it valid if it does not post on the exact date. Be nice about it and I will invoke the grace period for you. Also, if you nicely ask me to change my mind on the negotiation I'll waive the whole thing. I'm a generous person. Talking down to me circumvents that.

Honey
Old 07-11-2018, 07:40 PM
Area Manager

Default Honey

Quote:
Quoth Food Lady View Post
But again with the dismissive, snotty response that she doesn't want to give it. I put in the dummy.

Talking down to me circumvents that.
Why do some people have such a problem being nice? Even if they are faking it and deep down they are angry, showing that anger does not always work out.