Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings

Old 07-17-2018, 05:22 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
I don't know how long ago that was, but it's to believe ANYONE could not own a TV past the early-80's.
This was in the early 1990s.....I remember hearing several classmates make comments about going past this family's house, and seeing them all sitting in their truck with the radio on.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:53 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Parking lot guy needs better taste in music. May I suggest “Gangbang at the Old Folks’ Home?”

Wisconsin, immoral fairyland of anarchy and excessive consumption of dairy products and alcohol--DPRK News Service

Old 07-18-2018, 05:11 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
I don't know how long ago that was, but it's to believe ANYONE could not own a TV past the early-80's.
Me. While I technically own one, it hasn't even been plugged in since 2011. I quit watching and cancelled the CATV out of disgust. Got tired of paying to see the same half-dozen movies over and over again on the movie channels (literally playing THE SAME FLICK at the SAME TIME one night - I could skip across all three of the channels and not miss a moment of dialog!), watching the same 8 or so commercials over and over and over again every 9 minutes or so, and discovering the History Channel no longer had anything to do with history. Add in the Law and Order Only channel, and entire daytime blocks of SPONGE BOB on CN.... yeah, f*** it. Told 'em to turn it off.
Discovered something profound. I DON'T MISS IT. The stuff I want to see I can find on Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, or rent at the video store. F*** television.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:30 PM
Area Manager

I need a TV to watch all of my movies, either on Blu-Ray or one of the various streaming services. I can't imagine not owning one.