This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS JUST IN:

Back to School can suck my ass. That is all.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

already?

i guess that means next month it'll be Christmas decorations right?

Comment

Let me put it this way--I will be happier to see Christmas decorations than I am to see a backroom full of school supplies.

At least at Christmastime we will make sales. Last two days have been nothing but run run run---restock merchandise, help customers, run a registers because the checkout lines are backed up. And both days we still missed our sales goal by several thousand dollars.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm 39, but I still cringe when I see back to school stuff in July. Why? I remember what it's like being a kid and having off summer vacation, but then you see back to school stuff already and it's like, "AWW MAN! Let me enjoy the rest of the summer already.."

Comment

The only reason I like BTS sales is the cheap notebooks and pens.

I notice a lot of customers jump the gun and buy early, which means they pay full price.

This past week, no fewer than three SCs were complaining that they found out too late that "10 for $10" is not the same thing as "10 for $1" Maybe they could use those notebooks and take notes next time.
          Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

here at staples we start doing back to school a few weeks ago, the reason is simple it's our slowest time of year followed by the busiest time of year. if we don't setup now then we won't get it done.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I like back to school time because that's when all the neat school supplies come out (CAPTAIN AMERICA STATIONARY EEEEEEEEE) and I hoard them for no real reason besides being a nerd girl
              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                I'm 39, but I still cringe when I see back to school stuff in July. Why? I remember what it's like being a kid and having off summer vacation, but then you see back to school stuff already and it's like, "AWW MAN! Let me enjoy the rest of the summer already.."
                I am 52 and I do the same thing. I have not had to "participate" in BTS in 8 years YAAEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH (insert Who/Rodger Daltry like scream) since daughter's last year in HS.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  already?

i guess that means next month it'll be Christmas decorations right?
                  Darn right it will be. On Friday I saw the latest HO bulletin on the breakroom table. Those rolls of wrapping paper, crackers and cards are going to be coming at us in a couple of weeks' time.
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I had the chance at one point in my misspent youth to go to a school that went all year around, it just had a week off every 5 or 6 weeks. Still had the same amount of vacation averaged throughout the year but no real long boring bits in the summer. I actually preferred it, I got to go places without there being crowds of people touristing around
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I did just ONE bts purchase this year - Lil Zel is starting kindergarten class this August and the school informed that the only items he needed at this point were a schoolbag and a pencil case.

The schoolbag we had already, and the pencil case was bought at the Disney Store. (BTW, it's the first time I've experienced that an item bought at a Disney store was actually CHEAPER than similar items at our local supermarket. o.O )
                      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        I am 52 and I do the same thing. I have not had to "participate" in BTS in 8 years YAAEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH (insert Who/Rodger Daltry like scream) since daughter's last year in HS.
                        I haven't had to deal with getting BTS stuff in almost 25 years now (escaped HS waaay back in 1988.)

One thing I've noticed just from cruising the aisles at Wallyworld and the drugstores is that what's available now for kids is waaaaaaaay different than what we had back in the 70's and 80's.

I can't remember when I last saw a Trapper Keeper.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          Back to School can suck my ass. That is all.
                          ...that's the only way they're getting that last box of crayons to sell...
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

O/t but I saw Christmas decorations at the bank today?

Comment

Quoth violiavampyr View Post
                              O/t but I saw Christmas decorations at the bank today?
                              That is NOT a tornado, much as the wailing vortex may seem like one...

Just Irv running in circles and screaming.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X