This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knitting/Crocheting Help!

I need to knit or crochet something cool looking by May 1st for a scholarship. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm on Ravelry, so feel free to post links from there.

I was thinking about socks, because I have lots of fun sock yarn in my stash, but I'm not 100% confident in my ability to finish a pair before May. I would prefer to stay away from big, bulky sweaters because I wouldn't wear it much and I'd rather not spend the time on something I won't love. I'm open to cardigans though. I'm a fairly advanced knitter, though I'm not great with color work (forget Fair Isle!). I can do lace.

It sounds like you have more experience than I do, but I would suggest that sock yarn can work beautifully for lace.

This shawl: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...-goddess-shawl is made with sock weight yarn. It starts at the bottom point and builds up. I started it, but didn't get a chance to finish it. It is still on my list for this summer, and I have some beautiful multi-colored sock yarn that will work up beautifully in it.

Check at straw.com, knittingpatterncentral.com, lionbrand.com and yarn company sites for free patterns. Several sites are set up for you to search by type of yarn, which makes picking a pattern very easy.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/jeanie

I suggest this! I've been meaning to do it for a while and just haven't had the time
      Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Working...
      X