This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of pain but GOOD NEWS!!

I just found out today that the new position I applied for (thanks to their laying off my ENTIRE department statewide) is mine! It starts in April, is a lateral pay move (I still get my raise and bonus in March), minimally supervised, no braindead moronic coworkers bugging me constantly, no ringing phones...I will be in heaven!!

I was so excited when I found out I went into the bathroom and did a 'victory dance'. Which, it turns out, was a big mistake. I was already hurting at about a four...and the ten second dance sent my entire upper body into hideous cramps and put my pain at about a seven for the rest of the day.

Still...so worth it!
    My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Sweet! Well not so much with the pain bit but good to hear about the new job.

Comment

Congrats!/OUCH!
      /

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

Nice! Congrats!! And now at least you have a living heating pad to help with your aches!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Congratulations!
          "The pepper spray was cruel but to hit them with Barry Manilow was just plain vicious,"

Comment

Congratulations .
            I hope you can forgive me for laughing at the painful victory dance . Perhaps you should practise a victory shout instead.

Comment

**laugh** Thanks. Yeah, it was a stupid thing to do but sometimes...you just gotta shake your groove thing.

Nice! Congrats!! And now at least you have a living heating pad to help with your aches!
              It is so true too! I came home barely able to move, popped a couple of my muscle relaxers and laid down with Tuli and within ten/fifteen minutes the change was drastic...and far more than just a couple of flexeril could account for. I love my little heating pad!
              My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

WOOOHOOO! Congrats on the job!!
                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth LewisLegion View Post
                  It is so true too! I came home barely able to move, popped a couple of my muscle relaxers and laid down with Tuli and within ten/fifteen minutes the change was drastic...and far more than just a couple of flexeril could account for. I love my little heating pad!
                  YAY TULI!!!!
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Awesome, congratz!
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Sweet! Yay for Tuli!
                      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Working...
                      X