This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth blas View Post
    A good interpretation of my job's wardrobe........the nicer a person dresses, the less work they actually do. Most people know better than to wear nice clothes in a factory.
    In a factory, I'd be wearing safety clothing! Heck, I have a set for gardening.
    I mean 'hard work clothing'. Overalls, those toughly woven shirts made of cotton and/or ventilating/sweat-wicking stuff, cotton drill pants, steel-toe boots.

"safe" outranks "stylish". Besides, this stuff lasts almost forever, and as for 'matching', you only have to worry about whether this grass stain goes with that oil stain.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

When I started at the C-store, they had just switched to a company polo shirt (which we had to pay for) or a white polo, black or khaki pants, etc. A couple years back (maybe longer), they dropped the polos and we can wear black, red, or white shirts (any kind, but have to be collared if you're in the kitchen), over which we must wear the company smock (which they provide, and keep at the store, and share among employees) along with the requisite black or khaki pants. Shoes can be any color. Hair is only required to be tied back if you're working the kitchen. No sleeveless shirts, capris, shorts, sandals, etc allowed. Kitchen people must wear the red & black company apron & black company visor, which also stay at the store & are shared. Oh, and our name tags must ABSOLUTELY be worn. No exceptions. The only good thing about this is I can wear tees to work, rather than stuffy company polo shirts!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
      X