This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
    Barefootgirl: Oooo! Pretty! Now I want a tea kettle that puts on a light show.
    So do I.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
      The other was a non-stick pan I forgot while heating water for noodles, and I only remembered because our smoke detector went off. The kitchen smelled awful, and the non-stick coating was cracked all over and beginning to flake. Not trusting that one to food anymore.
      I once put a cast-iron skillet on the stove to pre-heat, and forgot about it.

Came back about half an hour later to find that the pan was now shiny silver (which it hadn't been even when I bought it), and there were clouds of black particles of God knows what floating all over the kitchen.

I shut the gas off and very carefully didn't go near the pan for quite some time, as the handle is part of the same casting and probably would have been just as hot as the rest of it. I had to re-season it after that, but it was otherwise undamaged.

Comment

Working...
      X