Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The paranoid funny guy, the preachy crunchy, and the...Robot?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh, the computer possition in one of my rooms is near the electrical tubes in the wall so two times of every three, when I turn on the monitor I need to manually degauss it.
    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Reminds me of a call I got from the storeroom once.

SR: "Hey, our computer monitor's gone really funky. It's like, all different colors and stuff."
      Me: "Have you turned it off and on."
      SR: "Yah, didn't do any good."
      Me: "Ok, I'll have a look."

I go down, and find a large electric motor sitting right next to the monitor. I pull the magnet away, degauss it, problem solved.

SR: "Whoa... motors can, like, do that to a monitor?"

I spent the next 10 minutes explaining magnets and their various effects on computer equipment.
      A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I had a metal rod put in my leg to fix a broken bone. It was really disappointing to find out it was titanium not steel and magenets wouldn't stick to it. :-(
        It didn't even set off metal detectors at the airport.
        Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Hey, it's lighter and more like bone, so you don't notice it as much... plus the compression from having the magnets and stuff on there would be harmful to the tissue between the two (see that earlier link about magnet implants).
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Depressingly enough, a young child died when two weak magnets that had come from a toy were swallowed and stuck together inside his intestines.

There's another story I know of where a guy got a very small, lowgrade magnet put into his fingertip. He's just fascinated by the way he can now feel magnetic fields around him.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X