This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meals

alright, i'm kinda in a bad mood (i'm out $500 due to a failed BIOS)

yesterday was the 20th, yes?

Andrea arrives at 9:30, we open at 10:30, Amber arrives at 10:30, I arrive at 3:30

Problem: We have three orders. 50pc at 10:45, 100pc no wings/add legs at 11:00, and 230pc at 11:30. Wtf?

So naturally, since I live down the street, Andrea calls me in. Not only are we desperately behind from the start, we don't have nearly enough chicken for all the orders. I end up cleaning three times my weight in chicken.

After the orders, we have a huge surplus of wings, due to that 100pc order. We fry them up, and put the 4-Piece Wing Dinner on sale, 2.59.

A guy I recognize as being annoying as ALL FREAKING HELL walks up to the counter. As I walk up, he asks "Is that the special?". I'm not actually at the counter yet, so I ignore it, figuring he's just talking to himself. He looks at me, annoyed, and repeats, "is that the special?".

I look to the left, at the whiteboard.

SUNDAY SPECIAL
    4-PIECE WING DINNER, 2.59
    (with 6 wedges and roll)

I look back at him, "yes, that's the special." because apparently he missed the "SUNDAY SPECIAL" in 8-inch letters.

"lemme get thr.... FO' o' them!". Well, s--t. 16 f---ing wings. That's just what I needed. I note we only have 12 wedges, so I say "it'll be about two more minutes for the wedges". He also mentions that I should "throw an extra wing in one of those containers and not mark it down". Haha, go f--- yourself. I get it ready, short of the wedges, and go by the fryer. As the needle gets on the 0, he's getting antsy, "Come on man i gotta go price this so i can go". I'm not dealing with his crap today, I don't even try to be nice about it. "Just wait for 10 more seconds.", with the anger clearly showing through. He can't wait 10 f---ing seconds for the wedges to come up, he grabs the dinners and heads up to the front counter. Of course, since the price isn't marked, he has to wait up there while they figure out the price. Had he just waited, I would've marked it down and we would've all saved a lot of time. But no, god forbid he wait literally the 10 seconds for the wedges.

I'd understand if he were in a hurry, except he was being a nuisance before ordering, talking on that damned Amp'd Push-to-Talk walkie-talkie bs about random crap, shouting at it loud enough for everyone to hear, so he obviously wasn't in a hurry BEFORE that.

And of course, he'll be back next Sunday. I'm not even going to help him, I'll have a coworker deal with him from now on.
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.
Working...
X