Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Stupid, The Anal and The Scary (long, long, and long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stupid, The Anal and The Scary (long, long, and long)

I had a really bad day yesterday, and part of that rant will be in morons in management. I had such a bad day, i need to rant... so i thought of three storys for your entertainment. Two from the last 48 hours and one from january.

The Stupid
    Background- Its January and since we got a new breakfast biscuit sandwich, corprate has a special on them that we are preticibating in. Its a Two for Two dollars (plus tax). One sandwich costs $2.32 by its self, but if you buy two is $2.16, so most people bought to to save money. Though i did get the occasional "But i don't want TWO!!! I only want one!!! cant i get the deal on only one"

So this guy, dubbed the Stupid, comes through the drive thru (which by the way is insanely busy for the entire month of january) and this little scene takes place

S- Stupid stupid man
    Me- HI!!!

*Bong*
    Me- Hi welcome to Jib, I will be with you in one second
    S- (makes a random uh-huh noice)
    (I hand out the order for the window and turn back to my register)
    Me- Ok sorry about that, what can i get for you today?
    S- Sausage Biscuit
    Me- Would you like to do our Two for Two deal
    S-(Pulls away from the window and drives forword ignoring my question)
    Me- *RANDOM CHINESE CURSES* (rings him up for the two for two deal anyways since it will save him money)
    So the four cars in head of him come and go and he pays the 2.16 for the two sandwichs and leaves withotu saying another word to anyone. He really pissed me off.
    -5 minutes and 7 cars later-
    In the Lobby

S-Hey you!!!!
    Me-(Walks over) Can I help you sir?
    S- I didnt want two sandwiches! I only wanted one! I want a refund for the other one
    Me- Sir-
    S- don't sir me (Hands [at least he didnt throw] his bag to me) I only wanted one give me a refund for the extra one you gave me
    Me- Fine sir ill fix so you only pay for one. You owe me 16 cents.
    S- WHAT!!!
    Me- well sir i charged you for our Two for Two deal which is actually cheaper than the sandwich is normally by its self. So if you want me to ring you up for only one and take the other one back that will cost you 16 cents.
    S- Thats ridiculace!!!! I only want one i should have to pay more for it.
    Me- it is a silly deal but thats how it works.
    Stupid man runs away grumpling.

Ok dude so you got two sandwichs, but you saved money. You shouldn't be pissed off if i saved you money.

The Anal

Two women come in grabbing food for the kids so the baby sitters dont have to try to cook for 5 kids apparently (im an easedropper) an order frys for themselves. I get out the first ladys food and the second ladys fries first and am trying to bag the second womans sandwiches so they the first lady doesnt have to wait to long when this happens.

A- first lady way to anal for her own good
    Me- Yeah its me again
    F- ladys friend who is laughing at her thw whole time

A- Excuss me, when where these frys made?
    Me- um..... not that long ago. I made them my self for the order i was handing out when you came up. Why?
    A- They are cold.
    Me- Um.... no, they're not. Not that im arquing, but they are almost to hot for me to handle.
    A- No they are cold.
    F- (Eating fries from the same batch) No they aren't A, they are perfect.
    A- Well I don't want old fries (look over my shoulder were the fryer is getting out new frys [we had a large number of order for fryes]) I want some of those.
    F- *whispering* Im sorry, she can be really anal
    Me- *sigh* Ok what ever (not in the mood for a fight)
    I get the lady new fries, these one are so hot that i can barel touch them and have to call but throw them at her
    A- Thank you, thats how I like them. I'll be in the car F.
    F- God she is anal.

I just laughed my ass off and hand her her order.
    It was odd....

The Scary
    Background- Yesterday I got called in because R had a family emergency and he needed comeone to cover, and E never showed (ill rant about this later)
    So i was in charge, ahd to work until midnight. So Moron rantsage aside, it really sucked. Friday and saturaday nights are insanely busy. Im helping take orders while a coworker ill call Betty for the fun of it was signing and two other coworkers signed out, and this customer came in. There where five people ahead of her, five people behind her. People are almost lined up around the resteraunt. Just so you know i had to call the cops for this one.
    The cast?
    Me- guess ^_^
    B- Bad-ass Barbie betty
    AS- evil abusive customer

Me- Hello Welcome to JIB, How can i help you
    AS- Yeah I want two Jr. blah blahs
    Me- Ok...
    AS- No, make that one
    Me- Ok, anything else
    AS- No, only one
    Me- Ok, that will be $x.xx at the second window
    AS- What? NO I'm not done ordering!!!
    Me- Ok, I'm sorry, give me second.
    (Moves over the other register to add to previouse order)
    Me- Ok what else did you want tonight
    AS- Blah, and Blah
    Me- Ok, anything else?
    AS- Yes Blah *long pause*
    Me- anythign else?
    AS- Blah *long pause*
    Me- Anything else?
    AS- Blah *long pause*
    Me- Is that all ma'am
    AS- No, um Blah *again with the long pause*
    Me- Anything else ma'am?
    AS- *to the passager in the car* God shes rude (insert the noise of somethign snaping in side my brain, because i can't be rude, even if i try, i just can't) *To me* Yeah i want a Blah *another long pause*
    This goes on for about 7 more items....
    Me- Is that all?
    AS- Yeah *in a really huffy voice
    Me- Ok, that'll be $xx.xx at the second window
    B comes back up to the front at takes over the head set, so i can bag the food and close up the drawer in front. Then the lady comes to the window.
    Before she pulls up-
    Me- Hey B this lady is going to complain.
    B- What? who complained.
    Me- No, this lady at the window is going to complain. She thought i was rude.
    B- You rude?
    Me- I know. Don't let her get to you.
    B- *to the lady* Hi that'll be $xx.xx, did you want any sause.
    AS- Yes. You where very rude.
    B- ma'am that wasn'y me, that was my coworker, and I don't believe she was. She can't even be rude if she wanted to.
    AS- You're rude too.
    B- well ma'am there are other JIBs. You don't have to come to ours. *puts ketchup and secret sause in the bag* heres your food, please leave
    AS- what are your names.
    B- We don't have to give you are names, now please leave
    AS- I want your names now.
    B- ma'am there are other JIBs and you would be better of taking your business there, because we aren't serving you anymore. Not get out of our drive thru (slams the drive thru window shut)
    we go back to our business, getting order readys for the next 5 cars. I finish the next two bags, and look over to the window expecting to see a new car. The woman is still there, yelling at us. I look over to B.
    Me- B shes still there.
    B- What? (goes to look) Why?
    Me- I don't know...
    B- go and tell her to leave or we are calling the cops.
    I head over to the window but before i get there she starts shaking the window screaming names at me, calling me awful things, hitting the window like she is trying to break the window, and has this look in her eyes that makes me think she wants me dead.
    B- oh my god... what is she doing.
    Me- *gets close enough to hear every word she is screaming [all names and insults about me by the way because i was the only one wearing a name tag because B didnt have one yet.] and yell* Ma'am we are not serving you anymore, and you aren't welcolm here. Leave or we will call the police.
    AS just gets more and more violent, slamming and beating on the window like shes trying to break the window.
    B- god, slice call the police.
    So i call the police, and right before i finish the call the lady finally gives up and drives away. The police still come so we can tell them what happened and to insure the lady wont come back.

This afternoon i come in and ask the SL on duty if a woman called in to complain. She said yeah, but i didnt believe her what happened last night. So i tell her the story and she says this.

"Ok, first of you did the right thing, though you should have also called Jay. That woman had no right to act that way, and you had every right to deny her service. In fact if it had been me, she wouldn't have even got food, i would have told to leave the moment she got to the window. Second, are you go you sound freaked out."

So i got of alittle early today because i hurt my back before that woman came in and it was still sore. and every one agreed that we did the right thing.

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
    S-(Pulls away from the window and drives forword ignoring my question)
    Me- *RANDOM CHINESE CURSES* (rings him up for the two for two deal anyways since it will save him money)
    I hate people like this. I get customers who call in screaming because they called in the month before to change a plan/feature. The call dropped or they hung up or who knows what but the connection was lost before any change was made. We would have tried to call the customer back and got no response, so no change was made since the customer never was advised the information regarding the plan s/he requested and when it would take effect. At no point afterwards did they ever call in to confirm that the change was made they requested, then they get the bill and throw a fit.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

And these guys are always surprised when i ask them questions.
      Today i stoped asking for the sizes they wanted for combos.....
      I felt good...
      Remind me why i stoped asking what fries they wanted...

You question pervilages have been revoked. Good bye.

Comment

See, the very real possibility of dealing with violent nutjobs like this last guy is WHY I take such an interest in mixed martial arts.
        "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Oh i know martial arts, which i would only use if i had too because everyone in my classes tell me if someone tried something wil me they would end up in the hospital. because im too strong for my own good. and the last guy, was a woman, and the passanger in her car? a ten year old boy... i am never working past 10 pm again.

Comment

The first story was partly your fault. Yes, he didn't stay to hear the offer, but you really shouldn't do something without the customer asking. You could have waited for him to come to the second window and asked him if he would like the offer.
            But then he flipped out, so it's a good story.
            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
            X