Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark me down as another one of those types who enjoys the smell of coffee but doesn't enjoy the taste at all - not unless I add so much stuff to it that it's no longer coffee by the time it's all said and done.

And since I don't drink coffee I normally don't go near any coffee shops, unless my girlfriend has roped me into buying her some of that badly overpriced crap from Starbucks.

The only time I have problems with coffee-drinkers is when they use their lack of a morning cup as an excuse to act like a complete asshole.
    Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Yeah, I love the smell of coffee, hated the taste of it. I always used to drink soda to get my caffeine fix.

Then I decided to cut sodas and caffeine out of my diet completely, and I've felt a lot better for it. Oh, there are times I cave, like when I'm working a ten-hour shift on zero hours of sleep, but by and large, I don't drink anything with caffeine in it, and I'll have water instead of soda.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

well since coffee and anything coffee flavored might as well be gasoline to me, I like your names, besides they are cooler then the size names they used for starsmucks

what that guy was is classified as a 'humorless blob' anyways so who cares
        http://dragcave.net/user/LadyMage

Comment

One of my favorite subjects in all the world. Coffee... and I'm as big a snob as anyone else obsessed with the heavenly stimulant. I like to talk about it, joke about it, and above all DRINK it.

The coffee we have here at work is pitiful. But it comes in those little foil packets and nobody ever thinks to put TWO packets in the filter instead of one. If I haven't made it myself, the only way it's drinkable is to dump a packet of that equally pathetic instant hot chocolate in the cup and pour the coffee over it instead of hot water. Makes a decent gas station mocha.

Starschmucks is burned dirt with a soupcon of toasted ass hair, most other places weak as water, Tim Horton's... coffee from heaven. And I'm so particular because of my dad's method of making coffee. Make a pot. Drink MOST of it. Make a new pot without dumping out the rest of the old one. Repeat over time until the glass is coated with brown enamel and Mom kidnaps it to scrub it out before she has a meltdown (Mom was/is a bit of an OCD clean freak). Listen to Dad complain for the next week that his coffee 'tastes funny'. Yeah, I got used to VERY strong coffee and these days I can't stand the weak, pansy-assed stuff most places brew. If it doesn't hold your spoon upright while it eats the glaze off the inside of the cup, it's not worth drinking.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I swear I've heard decaf referred to as "Why Bother" before somewhere.

And may I humbly suggest artificial sweeteners. Then again I was raised on fake sweet, so now to me, it's sugar that has a nasty aftertaste... and is also not sweet enough!

(Well, alright, maybe it's the HFCS they put in "regular" sodas, I don't get too much actual sugar)
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Btw to those who don't know, Javarod's avatar is the molecule of caffeine.
              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                Back when I was working at Perdue, it for a while fell upon me to make the coffee. No matter how I tried, they always bitched and complained that it was too weak.

I later found out that they were joking, but at the time I decided to really show them...

I made the coffee with this

I made the coffee double strength and I made it with WATERJOE brand of caffeinated water.

They told me that their teeth were wiggling.

They never made me make the coffee ever again...not that I was complaining.

M
                Heh, I too did the caffeinated water coffee for my co-workers. They too claimed to be vibrating, one even went so far as to check his blood pressure for the next hour claiming rapid heart rate.

If it wasn't 'experimenting' on 'unwitting subjects' in a 'workplace environment', and probably a 'felony', I'd love to try without telling them to see how much was purely psychological.
                Last edited by PCGameGuy; 08-20-2008, 11:40 PM. Reason: Speeling, eet is eeebil

Comment

Myself, I am a coffee snob. I grind and brew my own, using specific beans and other things. Now I am not an artist by any means.

I am a mad scientist. I hacked into my coffee pot and set the thermostat to the right temperature. I adjusted the flow to the right speed to make sure the brew time is consistant.

I watch Good Eats... Nuff said.
                  I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

I love coffee, and I love the names you gave them! Some people just want to bitch, regardless what it is they bitch about.
                    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Not only do I love the names for the coffee types, I love the "Starschmucks" bit. A fan of Foamy the Squirrel are you?
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Ya know, I'm a bit of a coffee snob. To the point I will only drink coffee from this one particular local place. (Although I will get flavored "coffee" that's mostly sugar and cream and flavoring from other places when I just want a pick-me-up) But I still think your word usage was highly amusing. I may have to suggest to the owner to change his sign on the 'coffee of the day' board.
                        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                          Not only do I love the names for the coffee types, I love the "Starschmucks" bit. A fan of Foamy the Squirrel are you?
                          Why yes, I am a member of the Foamidian Cult.

All hail our Squirrelly Lord and Master!

M
                          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth bloodrose View Post
                            One night at an egyptian restaurant I got a Turkish coffee after dinner to go with my baklava (yeah, greek-ish food @ the egyptian restaurant?!).
                            Actually, Baklava is a dish common amongst Greek, Turkish, Afghani, and several other cuisines. Given the fact that everyone in and around the Mediterranean Sea traded with each other, I'm not surprised that Egypt is on the list.

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                            "Ok, one regular (Colombian), one High-Test (French Roast), and one Unleaded (decaf)."
                            And, back on topic, I really don't see anything wrong with that. When I worked in a cafe we'd use similar nicknames for our products all the time.

Speaking of that, if French Roast is high-test then Turkish would probably be, what, racing fuel? Which leaves me trying to figure out what you'd call 22oz cup full of Espresso brewed up like normal but consumed as coffee.
                            Last edited by JustADude; 08-21-2008, 11:13 AM.
                            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                              Which leaves me trying to figure out what you'd call 22oz cup full of Espresso brewed up like normal but consumed as coffee.
                              It would be considered JP-7
                              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                                Yeah, I love the smell of coffee, hated the taste of it. I always used to drink soda to get my caffeine fix.
                                Am I the only one who hates the smell of coffee here? I get physically nauseous if I'm too close to the stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X