This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer? *crosses fingers*

So I'm getting sick of Baltimore after 2 years and am considering moving back to Tennessee (and I swore I'd never move back).
    I work at a national drug store which has a ton of locations in and around the city I grew up in so today I'm gonna make some calls. Hopefully I can find a store that has an opening for a full time cashier (or even better a full time beauty advisor-I know 75% of what a beauty advisor needs to know, so minimal training). If so I'll be moving back to East Tennessee this summer.
    This move would be really good for me. Cost of living is less there then Baltimore, and I wouldn't have an income tax (yeah higher sales tax though). Plus apartments are like 2/3 to 1/2 the price.
    Wish me luck?
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Good luck

Comment

Lots of luck!
      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Squee! The second store I called had a full time position in cosmetics, 3 10 hour shifts. The manager I spoke to got my info so she could give it to the store manager on Monday.
        I'm mostly worried that if it falls through I'll get really upset. So I'm possibly gonna call another few stores later this afternoon.
        But if it works out? I'll be moving soon!

Comment

East Tennesee is quite pretty. I used to spend quite a bit of time in Kingsport, my mother's parents lived there. Haven't been back in decades, though.

Good luck.

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Fingers crossed!! Good Luck!!!
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Woo hoo!

Keep us updated.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Good luck with finding the position you want. BAs are rare to come by in my area.

Comment

good luck. and don't forget there's no income tax in TN. the sales tax blows though. so hopefully you can be close enough to a border to make use of a neighboring state's low sales tax (ky for example)

Comment

@Pepperelf: I won't be near either the Kentucky or Georgia borders. But having grown up there I'm used to the insane sales taxes. And I'll be trilled not to have an income tax again.

When I moved to Baltimore I swore I'd never move back to Tennessee. And when I mentioned that to the manager I spoke to she was like 'Oh so your from the area?' and I responded 'Oh yes, I graduated from <preppy and pretentious public high school> in 2005.'

Comment

Best of luck, Dragon_Wings...sounds like a very promising turn of events!
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Dammit! I need this transfer. *points to various posts in the CS blanket fort thread about housemates*
                        I have to be at work in lest then 7 hours. I really hope the TN store manager calls while I'm there.

Comment

I hope you get a call soon. Thats just aggravating.

Comment

*screams incoherently*
                            I leave Baltimore Thursday! And I may just start the new position on Sunday!

Comment

Congratulations D_W!!! I knew you could do it
                              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X