Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad you're okay! Some people are just horrid individuals with no compassion for anyone but themselves. Never mind you could have died, he was in a worse dilemma because he couldn't get his tomato juice. I swear, some people...

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
      I've been trying to track down an appropriate email or snail mail address to write a letter praising the flight crew for how they handled things. I'd also like to ask them to forward a letter of thanks to the physicians on board who helped out. I know they won't give me the contact information for those people, but I'm hoping they'll forward something.
      That's a wonderful gesture. Flight attendants hear complaints far too often and compliments not often enough. It would do them good to see a thank you letter, and it would look good to the boss, too. I don't know if they'd be able to forward anything to the physicians, but maybe a Letter to the Editor of the local newspaper might work?

I'm glad you're okay, that must've been frightening. And that guy...I'd call him a jackass, but that would be insulting to the jackasses.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        That's a wonderful gesture. Flight attendants hear complaints far too often and compliments not often enough. It would do them good to see a thank you letter, and it would look good to the boss, too. I don't know if they'd be able to forward anything to the physicians, but maybe a Letter to the Editor of the local newspaper might work?

I'm glad you're okay, that must've been frightening. And that guy...I'd call him a jackass, but that would be insulting to the jackasses.
        One of my kids has food allergies and one of the allergens we deal with is dairy - I'd never think of milk in an ice bin, but if it can happen with tomato juice, it can happen with milk, so this is something I will consider and share with others for future consideration.

Regarding thanking the flight attendants, when some of my coworkers received above the top customer service during a flight a few years ago, they also wanted to send a letter commending the flight attendants who helped them. In the end, they sent a letter to the in-flight magazine, with all the identifying info. It was published in the magazine and they were told by one of the flight attendants that a copy was placed in their files (they take that flight frequently enough they see the same flight attendants and captains frequently).

Comment

Justhere, the whole ice bin thing was something that I'd never even thought of, and I'm extremely careful with what I eat; sometimes to the point of being over the top about it. Sometimes something happens that makes you realize that it's pretty much impossible to think of everything.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
            ... impossible to think of everything.
            Achilles vs, Tortoise. Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid - Douglas Hofstadter
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm really glad you're okay! *hands you chocolate*
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Yum! Thanks.

Yeah, the whole thing is pretty scary. I don't actually know what it looks like to watch somebody in anaphylaxis, as I've never seen anybody else having a reaction, and my last priority is finding a mirror when it's my own life at stake. I can imagine it's pretty disconcerting to see/hear though, which is one of the reasons I was so dumbfounded at the idiot's temper tantrum.
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
                X