This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Smapti View Post
    He spent about 10-15 minutes face-down on the pavement with one guy straddling his back, another guy with his knee on his neck, and another guy handling his legs, all while soaked in egg goo. They weren't much harsher than they needed to be, although one of them mentioned to me later that night that he was kinda disappointed that he didn't get a chance to just light him up.

I haven't been in communication with her, but the local newspaper did a write-up on the story a few days afterward, which stated that she had no notable injuries (physically, at least). The man was charged with assault and was remanded to a local hospital for psych eval.
    I'm ashamed to say I agree with that man's sentiment, I'm disappointed on his behalf, and had I been there I'd feel the same.

I'm glad she's fine, I hope she has neither scars or "scars" from this.

And I also hope that, one way or another, he never gets the chance to do this again.
    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
      I think 'catching some breath while in the midst of an asthma attack' is perfectly reasonable as a reason to stop in a handicap space, with or without placard. In fact, I consider it a perfectly good reason to stop anywhere that's a safe place to stop.
      Exactly. She was having a medical emergency. It may have been a minor one, but it was still a valid reason.
      Quoth raudf View Post
      Frankly, in her shoes, I'd have been pissed off about having to pick up the asshole's car and then it would have been found, torched, as a giant, "I'm divorcing your ass, and this will be YOU if you come after me."
      I'd be afraid of the fire spreading. Instead, sell it, pocket the money and let the SOB rot in prison.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Exactly. She was having a medical emergency. It may have been a minor one, but it was still a valid reason.
        Trouble breathing isn't minor. It's one of those things that gets you bumped to the head of the line at the ER. Some time ago there was a girl who came through our ER after an asthma attack. She never came out of it. By the time my department got her, she'd been in the ICU for several days and all we could do was confirm brain death. And she was in her 20s. Asthma is nothing to screw around with. From the sound of it, the lady in the story had a mild attack but it could have been much, much worse.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
          Trouble breathing isn't minor.... From the sound of it, the lady in the story had a mild attack but it could have been much, much worse.
          That's what I meant when I said, "It may have been a minor one". I wasn't minimizing the importance of breathing. And it's still a legitimate reason for parking where they did; she had a medical emergency and they had to pull over somewhere safe.

Of course, then Psycho escalates things to a major emergency...!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I have no words. I cried for that poor young lady. I hope she is ok and able to work through this. As for the wife, I think she knows but is in denial.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Many years ago, I worked with a woman (we were both in our early 20's) who was going through an ugly divorce, had moved in with mom, and started getting headaches. Mom took her to the Dr, who gave her pain meds. Co-worker drove me home one night, and never made it home herself. She had an aneurysm which burst while she was on the freeway, causing a fatal accident. We found out the next morning when Mom called to tell us why her daughter wasn't at work. Girl was under 25.

Comment

Working...
              X