Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I work at a movie theatre, I must advise anyone reading this thread to please come out and tell someone when another customer is causing a disturbance. Unfortunately, many of the customers where I work seem to expect us to have ESP, as they come and complain afterwards, when we can't do anything but refund their money or get them readmission passes, and it's amazing that they'd rather sit through two hours of suck than miss a couple minutes of the movie. Please, just come out, find a manager (some of our employees aren't exactly the greatest ) and tell us (or show us) exactly where the offenders are, and then we can take care of it. Plus, if the manager happens to be in a bad mood, we might just kick them out without any prior warnings.
    Spot on advice, Flamingsickle. Speaking of which, when doing his theater checks, one of my managers likes to walk to the middle of the aisle, spot any cellphone users, and then proceeds to stare straight at them until they put it away.

As for bluetooth users, I hate it when they act like you're the crazy one when you actually give them a response. Stupid jerks...

Comment

Quoth redmountaingoldfish View Post
      I'm sure people in "the time before cell phones" who were on duty or on call 24hrs a day had to tell their dispatch where they would be at any time. In that situation the dispatch might have to call a theater, restaurant, friend, family member, dentist office, etc... and have an employee or somebody hunt down that person. Of course, if you needed to talk to them while drive to or from the theater, then you were out of luck.

I would argue that people on duty or on call 24 hours a day need cell phones.
      I worked at a movie theater in the Before Cell Phone times, and I remember several times having a doctor come into the theater and tell me that he might be getting an emergency call. He not only warned me about this ahead of time, but he came out before the movie started and let me know where he was sitting so that the usher could find him.

One time, there was a call for him, and we went in and got him, and gave him a free pass for missing his movie.

Pretty simple, really.

Comment

That's a good solution, hecubus.
        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
        X