Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I'm saying that they are very true spoilers. Just warped. You see, Sam and Arwen did get married. Just not to each other. Faramir and Aragorn got married. Just not to each other. Elizabeth did, in fact, ask Barbossa to marry her, and he did, in fact, agree. But he married her to someone else.

So what I said was entirely true, you just have to look at it in the right context
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
      My friend used to work at Chapters and he told me about how when he started there he was warned about the people who would come in and ask for "a red book" and expect him to know exactly which book they wanted.

Well, for months he never had one of those customers, then one day a lady came in and asked for a red book.
      His response was, "I heard about you!"
      The proper answer to that would be "What size? If you want the little red book, that would be quotations by Chairman Mao, but I'd need more information if you want the big red book".

Another poster mentioned someone saying about the book they wanted "It's blue". That one deserves to be referred to the Reference section, for the Kelly Blue Book of used car values.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post

Another poster mentioned someone saying about the book they wanted "It's blue". That one deserves to be referred to the Reference section, for the Kelly Blue Book of used car values.

Actually, that's in Transportation...

(at B&N, at least)
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
          Elizabeth did, in fact, ask Barbossa to marry her, and he did, in fact, agree. But he married her to someone else.
          I got the LotR ones, why did I not get the PotC one?
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Since my middle initials should probably be SA (for Smart *ahem* Aleck), I love it when people give me snappy answers & I love to give them. My usual response to "I have a question" is "42." But most people don't get that.
            I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              Which reminds me of that petition floating around the internet when Two Towers was about to hit theaters, as it was obviously a reference to the Two Towers and 9/11. Dumb ass, unless Tolkien was prophetic (not likely, he was pretty hardcore Christian, if I'm not mistaken), since the book came out way, way before 9/11 happened.
              We got people all the time that just could not comprehend that "The Two Towers" and "The Twin Towers" were two different movies about two very different things.

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
              So what I said was entirely true, you just have to look at it in the right context
              Don't you mean, "So what I told you was true....from a certain point of view"?
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
                My usual response to "I have a question" is "42."
                I had a whole discussion with a middle aged customer a few weeks ago about Hitchhiker's Guide and the increasingly innacurately named trilogy... Mostly, it was on how none of the other movies could easily make the leap to big screen. Hardly anything happens in the rest of them. Not nearly as action packed as the first book.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  Or: Those statements were true, given a large enough value for true.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    Wow, I've made that joke numerous times and never had someone ask for a manager over it...I've also been known to grab a random book off the desk displays and say "Here ya go!"

The joke in my stores has always been "I'm looking for a book...it's blue..."
                    Sadly, it really does happen.

Yeah, um, no. Sorry.
                    Heh, after reading the stories here I believe it. Don't want to, but I must.

And for curiosities sake, would working in the cafe in one of the larger bookstore chains be worth looking into?
                    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                    --Unknown

Comment

wolfie said

The proper answer to that would be "What size? If you want the little red book, that would be quotations by Chairman Mao, but I'd need more information if you want the big red book".
                      Well actually you don't really need any more information - The "big red book" will be in the comedy section. It's a Monty Python paperback, about A4 size. "Monty Python's Big Red Book". Of course, it has a blue cover.
                      Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-30-2008, 05:42 PM. Reason: adding quote tags

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        Precisely, Master Luke.

Comment

I did something similiar with the last Harry Potter book; ie talking complete bullshit rather than true from a certain point of view. XD Like Voldemort discovering pot and becoming a hippy and Draco and Hermione running off together. Complete crap but delivered in a very convincing tone of voice.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                            I got the LotR ones, why did I not get the PotC one?
                            Probably because you haven't seen it ad nauseum the way I have From the final battle scene -

Will: "I've made my choice, what's yours?"

Elizabeth: " . . . Barbossa! Marry us!"
                            Hope that helped

Comment

Fun fact: I haven't seen that movie yet...

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My favorite had to be when I went th the local B&N store to pick up whichever Robert Asprin's latest book at the time was about halfway between the release of the Two Towers and the Return off the King movies. The clerk started talking about LotR (which I had read in grade school so had only a vague recolection of the events and figured I might as well let myself be as suprised as I could) so I was talking with her. Then she said she couldn't wait till the third movie came out because she wanted to know if Aragorn married "that human b----" or if he got back with "that elf chick" since that's what they need to do. I looked over to the trilogy on sale and told her she could find out, and she was shocked that "they let the script leak for a book?"

How can you work in a bookstore and not know basics like this? Maybe her parents raised her under a rock that she comes out from under to work in the store and that's it?

Comment

Working...
                                X