This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth terana View Post
    Now with some R rated movies I don't see how they got the rating. I let my kids watch an R rated movie, but first I watch it and then decide. If I think its to gory or to scary, then no they don't get to watch it. Of course I can't think of any off the top of my head. Does that make me a bad parent?
    Actually, use of the word "fuck" pretty much guarantees an R rating. Sometimes, if it only occurs once, you can still get a PG-13. I find it absolutely ridiculous.

I'm not worried so much about my kids seeing naked bodies as I am about them seeing violence and/or sex. I don't want them uncomfortable with naked, but I don't want them comfortable with sex yet, and I don't want them comfortable with violence ever.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

From memory Snakes on a Plane got a much higher rating than it otherwise would for the line "Get these mf snakes off this mfing plane"
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth Hello Kitty View Post
        The San Francisco Chronicle covered this issue last year:
        http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=13162
        The writer was reviewing 'The Hitcher' and was seated behind a 4 year old and his dad. "It's scary. It's really scary. Can we go and come back when it's not scary?"
        the worst is when I went to a rated r gorey movie at 11pm on a tuesday and there was a family with kids there ranging from 4 to 8! number 1 why the hell are they watching this kind of movie? number 2 why are they not in bed on a school night? know what I mean?

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
          Actually, use of the word "fuck" pretty much guarantees an R rating. Sometimes, if it only occurs once, you can still get a PG-13. I find it absolutely ridiculous.
          Planes, Trains, and Automobiles got a R rating just because of that scene where Steve Martin has that meltdown at the car rental place.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Hello Kitty View Post
            The San Francisco Chronicle covered this issue last year:
            http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=13162
            The writer was reviewing 'The Hitcher' and was seated behind a 4 year old and his dad. "It's scary. It's really scary. Can we go and come back when it's not scary?"

What kind of moron brings his kid to the hitcher? I didn't even see the remake but the original is creepy enough to imagine what a gore fest the remake would be.
            Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Working...
            X