This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupo, take them back!

Yesterday evening, on our way back from work, my wife and I stopped at a supermarket to buy some basics.

I go to buy "my" choc-chip cookies. I know which ones I want, it should be a matter of a bunch of seconds. Now, a relatively elderly couple were deep in discussion just in front of where "my" cookies were. I had no intention to extend my arm between them, at crotch height. So I ask: "Sorry, could I please pick those up?", pointing at the cookies. The man stepped back apologising, very nice; the woman, though, started complaining that I was listening to their private affairs (that they were discussing in the middle of a supermarket), interrupting them and that "You kids have no respect". Now - I am 35, I haven't been called a "kid" for quite a while. But as I raised my head ready to say something snippy the man delivered the perfect line: "Look who's talking of respect, you paranoid woman".

I stepped back avoiding to look at him (otherwise I know I'd have started laughing), and instead threw my "teacher stare" at her.

The worst catbuttface I've ever seen
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

But...I didn't do it!! T_T

Besides, it's only 1. You can handle one. keep it. I beg you!!

Comment

...and her... discussion partner was OK...
      Hmm...
      Maybe not?
      ...ok, just because your alias was probably the first one I learned when I was lurking.
      FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

ah, stereo style pwnage! i'm lovin' it!

mm, cookies...
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
          ah, stereo style pwnage! i'm lovin' it!
          I didn't do a thing, just used the "teacher stare" on catbuttface!
          Quoth chainedbarista View Post
          mm, cookies...
          Choc chip. Hmmmm...
          FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Comment

If you are discussing something in public, it is no longer a private conversation. Some of us wouldn't hear what you said if you screamed in our ear, cause we don't CARE, but if somebody over hears somebody..guess who's fault it is? Just one guess

The old bitty needs to tone it down a notch
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth C. Cecil Ivanish View Post
              "Look who's talking of respect, you paranoid woman".
              That made me inhale more of the ice cream cone that I was eating than I cared for.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth C. Cecil Ivanish View Post
                Yesterday evening, on our way back from work, my wife and I stopped at a supermarket to buy some basics.

I go to buy "my" choc-chip cookies. I know which ones I want, it should be a matter of a bunch of seconds. Now, a relatively elderly couple were deep in discussion just in front of where "my" cookies were. I had no intention to extend my arm between them, at crotch height. So I ask: "Sorry, could I please pick those up?", pointing at the cookies. The man stepped back apologising, very nice; the woman, though, started complaining that I was listening to their private affairs (that they were discussing in the middle of a supermarket), interrupting them and that "You kids have no respect". Now - I am 35, I haven't been called a "kid" for quite a while. But as I raised my head ready to say something snippy the man delivered the perfect line: "Look who's talking of respect, you paranoid woman".

I stepped back avoiding to look at him (otherwise I know I'd have started laughing), and instead threw my "teacher stare" at her.

The worst catbuttface I've ever seen
                "Yes, because I have nothing better to do than listen to others conversations while I'm shopping. Paranoid much?"
                Random conversation:
                Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

they were debating/arguing in public. of course people will hear it even if they don't want to!

Comment

Working...
                  X