This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive-thru suckiness (kinda long)

( This is my first post, so bear with me.)

I work at the local Dairy Smear. A few minutes before closing, a lady comes through the drive-thru, not knowing what the heck she wanted. We weren't busy, so I politely waited for her to read over the menu.

Me - obviously
    DD - dum-dum

DD- I want one of those blizzards with pecans in it.
    Me- Which one 'mam, we have the pecan cluster, the tropical, and the german chocolate.
    DD- Um....(long pause) pecan cluster
    Me- Your total is XXX

I make the blizzard, give it to her, take her money, and wish her a good night.
    I start stocking, and after a few seconds there is a bang at the window.

DD- You sure this is pecan cluster?
    Me- Yes
    DD- This doesn't look like what she got the other night.
    Me- .......
    DD- I guess it'll do... thanks.

I close the window again. After a sec, I notice she is still sitting there, smelling (!) the blizzard. Yet another knock at the window.

Me- Yes ma'am
    DD- This doesn't smell like a pecan cluster.
    Me-........
    DD- I guess it will do.

The lady then drives off, pulls back around the building, back through the drive-thru, stops and launches this thing at my window! Great, another thing to clean before I have to go home. Why couldn't she just ask us to replace it or for her money back? (Did I mention I had to clean this in the rain and I'm sick?)
    Last edited by Jade Panurple; 04-18-2007, 06:29 AM. Reason: Just decided to add something
    Insanity : a perfect rational adjustment to an insane world. - R.D. Lang

Quoth Jade Panurple View Post
    <snip>
    The lady then drives off, pulls back around the building, back through the drive-thru, stops and launches this thing at my window!
    <snip>
    Ding ding ding!! If you have video surveillance and were able to see her plate, you have a perfect case of vandalism to report to the police! It appears she has stopped being a SC and has instead become a criminal

Comment

I shall most definetly look into this. Hadn't thought of it, thanks.

Comment

"Dairy Smear"... She did that, all right...stupid SC.

I like to call the one down the road from me the "Hairy Queer." Just because it sounds funny (to me). XD
        ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

What is a blizzard? Because the one with pecans and german chocolate sounds luscious ! Does it have ice-cream as well?

Great first post, Jade. What a pathetic woman. Sorry you were left cleaning up that mess.
          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
          - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
            What is a blizzard? Because the one with pecans and german chocolate sounds luscious ! Does it have ice-cream as well?

Great first post, Jade. What a pathetic woman. Sorry you were left cleaning up that mess.
            A blizzard is an uber thick milkshake kind of substance that they can add various toppings and mix it right in. They are yummy, they are to die for (in my humble opinion) and were it not for Lactaid, they would kill me (or at least make me wish I was dead).

Lactose Intolerance is a curse to someone who could live on milkshakes and Blizzards.

M
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

My favorite was always the Nerd blizzard, alas, I cannot even find a DQ, nevermind one that still carries the nerds.
              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Banrion,

Get on Rte. 28 and head south. There's a DQ on the right after you pass the North Reading line. They've just opened for the season too.
                The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                  Banrion,

Get on Rte. 28 and head south. There's a DQ on the right after you pass the North Reading line. They've just opened for the season too.
                  Sweet, maybe I will have to take the train home to Reading one of these nights and make Fiance pick me up for a quick stop there. I don't head south down 28 very often.
                  The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Jade Panurple View Post
                    I shall most definetly look into this. Hadn't thought of it, thanks.
                    No problem. I am always willing to take customers down a peg

Also, they could technically get her for littering. (Not sure about Texas, but $500 minimum fine in Florida)

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                      A blizzard is an uber thick milkshake kind of substance that they can add various toppings and mix it right in. They are yummy, they are to die for (in my humble opinion) and were it not for Lactaid, they would kill me (or at least make me wish I was dead).

Lactose Intolerance is a curse to someone who could live on milkshakes and Blizzards.

M

A blizzard is ice cream that is mixed with toppings. The german chocolate has chocolote (obviously), pecans and coconut. The one with nerds is a monthly promotion, but I'm not sure we'll be getting it this year, usually late summer. We are going to have cotton candy sometime around Halloween.

Keep on with eating blizzards, even if you have to take meds to do it!

~Jade

Comment

Mmmmm, Blizzards! Of course we don't have a Dairy Queen nearby but there are other ice cream places that make them and call them flurries. I love to get a chocolate ice cream flurry with Oreos and Reeses Cups. They did have the Nerd flurries last year and I tried one. It was kinda weird - I'm not sure if I liked it or not. I may have to try it again this year! (only in the presence of my Lactaid, of course!)
                        "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

The Nerds blizzards were my fave when I was younger. On the way home from Girl Scout camp we always stopped at DQ for blizzards, and that was mine. Now I'm kind of partial to the one with Heath Bars in it. Thankfully we have one in walking distance from my parent's house.
                          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Alas for me, there are no DQs in Oklahoma... At least, not to my knowledge...

<fires up Google and looks for a DQ near him...>
                            I'm sorry to inform you that my capacity to care has taken a plunge, much like the popularity of Tom Cruise after his "you don't know the history of psychiatry" rant on national TV.

Comment

Um... There's one in Oklahoma City, at least....

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X