This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send Help (+New Comics)

So many stupid questions last night. SO MANY.

Me: "and what's the product id?"
    SC: "xxxx-xx"
    Me: "Ok, I only have that item in red."
    SC: "Do you have it in white?"

Ok, wait, I know just the thing:

on·ly

Pronunciation Key - Pronunciation [ohn-lee]
    –adverb

1. without others or anything further; alone; solely; exclusively.

Alright, now, here's what I need you to do: Take the above and print it out, er…..ok wait. There probably isn't anything with the technological level remotely required to print a document within 200 kms of you. Ok, new plan: Scrawl the above down on a piece of scrap paper, construction paper or back of an empty pizza box with a sharpie or crayon ( You know, whatever's on hand. ). Now, take a pair of scissors ( You have those right? If not a hack saw works. ) and cut it out. Alright, now take the resulting piece of paper / cardboard and tape / glue / tie it with the cable from your jeep winch to a large blunt object such as a rock, beer cooler, old engine block from the back yard or, if you can find one, a heavy book ( Not like you're using it anyway. ). Now take that, turn it so the words are facing you….and beat yourself in the face with it until the concept sinks in or you lose consciousness.

Either one of those will solve both our problems at this point so I'm not picky. Oh, right, I'm working on my call etiquette, so thank you for calling.

Screenplay

SC: "Every time I call the hotel number some little kid answers and whispers at me to please be quiet."

Wait, did I walk onto the set for The Grudge 3?

SC: "Can you hold on for like 3 minutes?"

Can you go without beer, pork or hamburger helper for 3 minutes?

SC: "So how's this work? Do I like tell you my prescription?"

Yes, that’s right. Give me your prescription so I can custom tailor the lens for the cheap stock sunglasses you're trying to order you raging idiot. Please go find a polar bear and poke him in the ass with a turkey baster. You shouldn't have to look hard to find one. Try the garage.

Me: "Ok, what colour would you like it in?"
    SC: "Grey camo."
    Me: "Grey camo?"
    SC: "er…green camo."
    Me: "Green camo?"
    SC: "Um, grey camo."

Ok, stop. Enough. Get off the phone, go out to the garage and look around till you see the fat polar bear next to the damp red stain. This might take some extra effort since he's already eaten, so try this: Go over to him, drop your pants and physically try to slap him across the face with your butt until all your problems ( Well, mine ) are solved.

Stop! Stop! What in the world is going on up there?! Is it Get Liquored Up And Order Pants day in Nunavut or something?! Why do you need so many pants? That was like $700 worth of pants. What happened to your pants? Can you not find your pants? Are you ordering pants for the entire village? Please, give me a reason! My brain needs logic to survive! THROW ME A BONE, MAN!

Technology

SC: "I need to know how many times they never called my phone."

Wait….what? That, but…..what? What in the world do you want from me? I'm pretty sure I said <Company> when I picked up the line….did I make a mistake? Did I accidentally say "Madam Cleo's" or something? I think you're vastly overestimating the power of technology. We may have to confiscate your cellphone. But don't worry, we'll give you a colouring book and a happy meal in exchange.

Cellphones kill Braincells

Me: "Ok, the number is 1-Eight Hundred-"
    SC: "Does that have two 0's?"
    Me: "…yes."

Ok, I give up, that’s enough for tonight. If you want me I'll be in the corner by the fax machine crying and waiting for sunrise.

Confusibobulated

Me: "What's your postal code?"
    SC: "Box xxx"
    Me: "Ok, but what's the postal code?"
    Me: "What's the postal code though?"
    SC: "Box xxx!"
    Me: "Yes, but what's the postal code?"
    SC: "THATS WHAT I'M TELLING YOU!!!! PO BOX XXX!"
    Me: "I understand that, but what's the postal code?"
    SC: "Oh, T0L-"

Argh! And my friends wonder why I don't leave my house on my days off. Because THAT’S whats outside and I am afraid.

I Weep

Caller called to ask what kind of soap was being used in the tub in the commercial. If you do not yet weep for the future of humanity, now would be a great day to start. I can give you some pointers if you want.

Comics:

Superpowered:
    http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9819/ofcomic9pc6.jpg

Meanwhile, in CSR Heaven 2:
    http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6924/ofcomic8tp7.jpg

They let me leave a half hour early for drawing two new comics this week. ( Seriously, lol )

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    Please go find a polar bear and poke him in the ass with a turkey baster.
    Probably the best line ever!
    "I am the me I choose to be"
    -Sydney Poitier
    I (love) "The Office"
    "This month we're having a special on cardstock."
    -Jim Halpert

Comment

Good grief, 867 is really full of 'em, isn't it? I don't think I would last a day with some of those calls. I would definitely get fired for laughing(or crying). Please tell me there are *some* intelligent calls from 867. Please? Any? Just ONE intelligent person?!?! SIGH Too much to hope for, I guess.

Comment

SC: "Can you hold on for like 3 minutes?"

Can you go without beer, pork or hamburger helper for 3 minutes?

Don't forget to add camo pants to that list.

Your posts help me achieve the low levels of faith in humanity that I need to cope with my job. This way, when I start dealing with twits, I am prepared for it. Granted, my boss may want to consider replacing my office supplies with foam-padded safety supplies if he does not want me to hurt anybody (a foamie stapler does not leave as big a gash on one's forehead as a regular Swingline).
        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

SC: "I need to know how many times they never called my phone."

Me: "Ok, the number is 1-Eight Hundred-"
          SC: "Does that have two 0's?"
          Me: "…yes."
          Do I even need to guess what provider these idiots had?

Caller called to ask what kind of soap was being used in the tub in the commercial.
          That wasn't soap. That was the great character actor Soapy McSoaperton.

The comics brightened my day. I've been at work now for 2 and a half hours and I already feel like walking outside and laying down in the street. At least I'm not the only one getting these calls today (already have a couple of doozies for tonight's post). I feel your pain.
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I adore your cleverly worded posts!
            Much drinking is needed after all that
            Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Me: "Ok, what colour would you like it in?"
              SC: "Grey camo."
              Me: "Grey camo?"
              SC: "er…green camo."
              Me: "Green camo?"
              SC: "Um, grey camo."

Ok, stop. Enough. Get off the phone, go out to the garage and look around till you see the fat polar bear next to the damp red stain. This might take some extra effort since he's already eaten, so try this: Go over to him, drop your pants and physically try to slap him across the face with your butt until all your problems ( Well, mine ) are solved.
              Heh. I'm ordering my new checks tonight. Here's a link to what they look like: My New Checks.

Stop! Stop! What in the world is going on up there?! Is it Get Liquored Up And Order Pants day in Nunavut or something?! Why do you need so many pants? That was like $700 worth of pants. What happened to your pants? Can you not find your pants? Are you ordering pants for the entire village? Please, give me a reason! My brain needs logic to survive! THROW ME A BONE, MAN!
              Um.... are you really sure you want to be mentioning throwing bones to a guy that has no pants?

Ok, I give up, that’s enough for tonight. If you want me I'll be in the corner by the fax machine crying and waiting for sunrise.
              Aww.... poor Gravekeeper... Have a cookie. It has maple leaf sprinkles.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Too funny. Great drawings by the way too!

Comment

Love the comics, especially the first one.
                  "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Maybe he was having a situation like this...

http://www.applegeeks.com/comics/viewcomic.php?issue=83
                    I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

I've wanted to do that first one soooo many times!
                      They let me leave a half hour early for drawing two new comics this week. ( Seriously, lol )
                      Cool!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I printed out the "Superpowers" one to hang up at my cubicle...pity it's so low-contrast...
                        He loves the world...except for all the people.
                        --Men at Work

Comment

gatekeeper, what is with the polar bear stuff, dont forget the moose and foxes and wolves!!! they want blood too!!!

Comment

Please go find a polar bear and poke him in the ass with a turkey baster. You shouldn't have to look hard to find one. Try the garage.
                            Wait, wait. . . hold on . . . you actually expect those people to know what a turkey baster is?

Me: "What's your postal code?"
                            Me: "Ok, but what's the postal code?"
                            When I worked at a pizza place, someone tried giving me their P.O. Box instead of their address. . . (little did I know, they were ORDERING for someone else without mentioning this first).
                            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                              Wait, wait. . . hold on . . . you actually expect those people to know what a turkey baster is?
                              Is it anyhting like a master baster?
                              ludo ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                              X