No announcement yet.

Random SC Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So let me get this straight, ma'am. You are in Texas. You received an emailed receipt from my company from Illinois. It's not yours. This is a pressing matter at 9:30 in the evening that you have to call a random store that is not in Illinois to get to the bottom of it. Well, emails are linked to our rewards program so that's probably just a mixup. I believe that there's a phone number on our website that can help you take care of it.

I wish I had the power that customers think I have. Though I can't promise I'd use it for good.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
      ...I wish I had the power that customers think I have. Though I can't promise I'd use it for good.
      Spontaneous combustion of spammer's computers and phones is bad?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Of course it's bad. Think of all the pollution being put into the atmosphere with that many computers and phones going up in smoke.

On the other hand, I could learn to live with it.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Of course it's bad. Think of all the pollution being put into the atmosphere with that many computers and phones going up in smoke.

On the other hand, I could learn to live with it.
          Sometimes, the end justifies the means.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Well, trapping Hastur on our ansaphones is too risky...

"Hastur is a Duke of Hell who becomes trapped in an answering machine. He later escapes when a telemarketer phones, and promptly devours the entire staff of the telemarketing office (unintentionally spreading a "wave of low-grade goodness" throughout the population)."
            -- PTerry
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Maybe that's why our SCOs are misbehaving...H----r found a new home, and Corp doesn't want to rip the machines out because they know what will happen... *is tempted to doodle some Neconomicon-ish symbols on the housings with a gold marker*

--------------------------

No, I don't know why your "-Insurer- Healthy Benefits" card only covers $3 of whatever you're buying. Yes, I know it's supposed to have $25 on it (how frequent that is I have no clue). It is not our card. You need to call -Insurer- and have them explain it to you in small words. No, it's not my job to call them. YOU have to. No, I will not give you everything for free because this is not our mistake. We have NOTHING to do with this program, my managers never knew it existed until 2 months ago when we started seeing the cards in droves.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Let me get this straight, Dash Hole. You're on the phone with someone, presumably not the person who's order you're getting, complaining that you're not getting some of the items because you can't find them and "we" as in employees of my company should do the shopping so "you" don't have to.

Okay, let's add that onto our skeleton crew that has to deal with our own curbside orders, handling packages from a delivery service, having to figure out what one of the four different delivery options that go through our photo counter when someone says they "have a package here", helping customers in photo and ringing up customers for their cigarettes and 24 packs of water. And for funzies answer phone calls about whatever collectable is hot this week that we're sold out of. Throw in a sprinkling of customers that have no idea how our rewards coupons work and you have half of my shift. The other half is just dealing with coworkers.

Comment

I have come to despise those shopping services...I can't count how many times I'm occupied with hanging tags and someone comes up to me with a list, expecting me to physically walk them around the store (be a personal shopper for the shopper). Dude, NO. This is your job, but I have a job too. I'm under a greater time crunch than you are.

...I have not yet received an acceptable answer from SM as to how to handle these idjits.

Comment

There's a a difference between someone just asking where something is and someone shoving their phone in your face before they even try to look. Had a guy tonight tell me no it wasn't the thing he wanted when the right one was on the shelf just below it. Idiot.

Comment

I had some guy do the same...and then another customer pointed out his idiocy in a way that I could not (then she apologized to me that the guy even approached me in the first place).

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        I have come to despise those shopping services...

...I have not yet received an acceptable answer from SM as to how to handle these idjits.
                        I would like to propose "Sir/Ma'am/Hey You, we do not offer a personal shopping service. That is literally your job."
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I have come to despise those shopping services.
                          Certainly Ma'am. Just go to the service desk. They will get your order in the queue and let you know when it will be ready.
                          No Ma'am. It can't be done right now. There are orders ahead of you in the queue.
                          No Ma'am. It has to be done at the service desk, otherwise the Personal Shopper fees won't get added,
                          No Ma'am. That is a service that you have to pay for.

Dreamstalker,
                          If mismanagement decides that you should "just do it for them", have your mom round up about 10 - 15 friends to all go shopping at once.
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

In these cases, I fall back on my old standby: If they don't' SPECIFICALLY tell you you can't use a flamethrower, then you can use a flamethrower*.

*Not an endorsement, your results may vary, not responsible for property damage or possible arson charges, offer not valid in Utah.
                            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Let me get this straight...we've just received your two photo orders at 10 pm. The total amount of pictures is about 300. It is now 10:20 and you're in the store looking to get your order. Yeah, not happening. The first order is 60% downloaded and the other one hasn't even started. They take about 30 minutes to print and we close at 11. No pictures for you today.

I told him to come back at 8 this morning. I kinda feel bad for unleashing this guy on my coworkers but...kinda not. But at least I printed the banner and packaged it up before I left for the night.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                                "Do you think it’s possible to send Flame Alchemy through the phone and burn someones ears off?" - Roy Mustang

Comment

Working...
                                X