Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 08-23-2019, 03:59 PM
Escapee

Quote:
Quoth Dave1982 View Post
This woman....she has so much trouble with basic reading and verbal comprehension it makes me wonder how she didn't flunk her way out of school by 6th grade.
Based on the problems she has, I'd say she's intelligent enough. When she wants to be. She simply doesn't want to learn, doesn't want to do things the way your company needs them. So she acts like the idiot. It's not getting her out of anything, but this behavior is so ingrained that she doesn't stop.

I have a coworker that does something similar. Just act like it's literally her FIRST TIME doing a task, apologize like crazy, and hope that someone takes pity on her. Your customer skips the apologizing part, but the acting ignorant bit... Yeah.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:33 PM
Grand Poobah

Quote:
Quoth notalwaysright View Post
Just act like it's literally her FIRST TIME doing a task, apologize like crazy, and hope that someone takes pity on her. Your customer skips the apologizing part, but the acting ignorant bit... Yeah.
When the Overlords of the Universe beam down from Dimension Ten and make me Manager of the Galaxy (that sounds crazy when I type it out...) this bullshit right here ("Oh, but I don't know how to this this thing you've carefully trained me on! You can fix it, right?") will get you twenty years to life on Devil's Island...

-- Steven Wright

Old 08-25-2019, 09:45 PM
Escapee

Quote:
Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
("Oh, but I don't know how to this this thing you've carefully trained me on! You can fix it, right?")
If I thought for one second that she honestly didn't retain the information, I wouldn't be complaining. I know there are those who take longer to learn something. But this particular coworker does things like this all the time. If she is taught a certain way often she changes it just slightly so it's to her liking. Not enough to be technically wrong, just enough so it's like she's saying she knows how to do it better than those who have been her for years and taught her different.

Or regarding the task I was thinking of, she made it clear she wouldn't learn it. Right off she said it was too hard and if you tried to give her ways to learn it she would say that doesn't work for her, or she wanted some other way to learn. There's no other way. So she just would be horrible at it. I think she even got this one manager's pity enough so maybe she won't be doing this task at all anymore. On the one hand I'm irritated that she got her way in the end, but on the other hand, FINE YOU PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE NUTJOB. Go way. (P.S. It's Ernest)

...sorry to threadjack.

Old 08-26-2019, 12:17 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
When the Overlords of the Universe beam down from Dimension Ten and make me Manager of the Galaxy (that sounds crazy when I type it out...) this bullshit right here ("Oh, but I don't know how to this this thing you've carefully trained me on! You can fix it, right?") will get you twenty years to life on Devil's Island...

Don't worry, it's just a name.

Admittedly, there are times when I do need to be shown things over and over again. But usually it's a task that I only need to do once every few months when a bug happens to land in that functionality and I can't defer it onto others with more experience. (I try to avoid our Database application and its functions like the plague).

But usually once I've been shown it again, I'll remember it for awhile, at least until I finish the current bugs and can get back to more familiar areas of the codebase.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:45 PM
Cashier

TonyDonuts, I could use someone like you to help plan torments when I ascend to my throne in Hell

Old 08-28-2019, 08:28 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
TonyDonuts, I could use someone like you to help plan torments when I ascend to my throne in Hell
You leave my throne alone, dammit.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 08-29-2019, 03:23 AM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
Quote:
Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
You leave my throne alone, dammit.
You two need to be reminded that you have some very stiff competition for that throne.

Old 08-29-2019, 03:48 PM
No-Account Countess

Whoa, that IS evil! Me likey . . .

Old 08-30-2019, 05:31 AM
Deluxe Lackey

Quote:
Quoth notalwaysright View Post
If I thought for one second that she honestly didn't retain the information, I wouldn't be complaining. I know there are those who take longer to learn something. But this particular coworker does things like this all the time. (snip)

...sorry to threadjack.
And I threadjack your threadjack.

Years ago I worked a job where we got paid every two weeks. We were allowed to buy things and have the cost deducted from our pay. We weren't supposed to exceed $40 per week, but more seriously not to exceed $80 per pay period.

I had a co-worker who would ask me, near the start of the pay week, if this week goes with next week or last week.
I explained several times that I didn't know because I didn't care: I paid my bills at the beginning of the month so which weeks had paydays didn't really matter to me. And I stayed under $5 per day which kept me under $40 per week and that kept me under $80 per period.
I also explained how to work out the answer: because there was a 1-week delay in pay, we got paid on the last day of the first week of the next period. So if we got paid yesterday, this week goes with last week. And if we didn't get paid yesterday, this week goes with next week. I explained this three weeks in a row as I worked out what the correct answer was.

After that, if she asked me I would say "I don't know" and walk away.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:24 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Quote:
Quoth morgana View Post
Whoa, that IS evil! Me likey . . .
've always been partial to this one.

"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis
"French is my favorite ... Especially to curse with ... It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it." The Merovingian, "The Matrix: Reloaded"
"Customers are like van Gogh. They intentionally remove their ears when it suits them." TheDangOofMan, Reddit