Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Denny's commercial encourages suckiness?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Denny's commercial encourages suckiness?

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, firstly.

I just caught this gem tonight while having a rare couch potato time (Oh, LOST, how I have missed thee!)

I'm sure this isn't word for word, but you'll get the main idea.

We see a cashier at a fast food place tell his customer "That'll be $6.XX"

The SC then plops $7 of Monopoly money onto the counter.

Cashier: "I can't accept that."

SC: "Why not?!"

C: "It's . . . not real."

SC: *stares at tray* "Well, that's not a REAL breakfast!"

Then we get the whole Denny's spiels about how great their breakfasts are and cut back to the scenario. The SC pulls out a huge wad of the play money, slams it onto the counter, looks at the cashier and says "There, go buy yourself something nice! "

The attitude of the SC was condescending and self-important the entire time, and he acted like he had a stick up his arse.

For the record, I've never had anyone try to pay in fake money, but it's the attitude that counts. Done tongue-in-cheek or not, it irks me on an unholy level to encourage people to take out their problems with a company by screaming at the person working the counter. And if the SC didn't like the breakfast in the first place, why the fark did the fuckwit go there and order it in the first place? I know it's just a dumb TV ad, but from someone who knows firsthand that customers actually pull this shit attitude sometimes, it got my blood boiling.
    Last edited by ShinyGreenApple; 02-01-2008, 03:20 AM.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Grr. That's even worse than those Burger King "Whopper Freakout" commercials, since BK was 'reality' tv. To have a paid actor send the message that this is condoned and encouraged behavior is just asinine.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I see so many ads on TV and hear so many on the radio that you just KNOW are going to cause hell for the employees of the establishment.
      No one in marketing must even realise that location employees exist.

Comment

Isn't like... illegal to try to pay for something with fake money?

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
          Isn't like... illegal to try to pay for something with fake money?
          Not in a commercial. And you just know someone is going to be a smart ass and try it and say, "A-hyuck, well your commercial said you take it, a-hyuck."

Comment

I opened this thread and at the same time, it was playing on TV. It was the first time I saw either.

You have to realize that since the writers are on strike, the companies are writing their own commercials. Expect them to suck for a long time. I hate to see how bad the yearly commercial debuts during the Super Bowl will be this year.
            This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

It is just like those Old WalMart commercials. The ones with the Cart Guys in suits and ties pushing about 10 carts in a empty clean parking lot. Seriously, has anyone ever seen that in real life? Is anything clean at a WalMart? I think not. I should know, I used to work for them. If you do see a clean one, it is because they are closed at night, not in the middle of the day. Sorry, but that got to me, when I would see it.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                Not in a commercial. And you just know someone is going to be a smart ass and try it and say, "A-hyuck, well your commercial said you take it, a-hyuck."
                Oh, dur, commercial.

Comment

i just found it on youtubes. now it makes sense....
                  the CS was buying breakfast from some other company, not denny's.

but still i'm sure jerks have tried doing that before. cos... hell if you're going to a fastfood place for food you know it's going to be a small meal.

unless of course you're going to denny's in japan where they actually use normal serving sizes. kinda surprising but yeah... it's not oversized. but japan isn't really oversized for food much anyway

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                    It is just like those Old WalMart commercials. The ones with the Cart Guys in suits and ties pushing about 10 carts in a empty clean parking lot. Seriously, has anyone ever seen that in real life? Is anything clean at a WalMart? I think not. I should know, I used to work for them. If you do see a clean one, it is because they are closed at night, not in the middle of the day. Sorry, but that got to me, when I would see it.
                    Oh, I hear you on that one. I've not seen the ad you mentioned, but I got the same feeling when they aired the one with the three women going to WalMart for Black Friday, and they all walk into the store with their carts, and the place is literally ABANDONED. Fact: You do NOT see a dead, ghost-townesque WalMart between the months of . . . well, I was going to say September and February, but Wallyhell is packed to the walls with people just about anytime of year now.

I suppose I could have run into the store yelling at the manager for false advertising.

"The store wasn't crowded in your TV commercial!"
                    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

hmmm mabey ill be dumb too and pay with monopoly money as well =3

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
                        Oh, I hear you on that one. I've not seen the ad you mentioned, but I got the same feeling when they aired the one with the three women going to WalMart for Black Friday, and they all walk into the store with their carts, and the place is literally ABANDONED. Fact: You do NOT see a dead, ghost-townesque WalMart between the months of . . . well, I was going to say September and February, but Wallyhell is packed to the walls with people just about anytime of year now.

I suppose I could have run into the store yelling at the manager for false advertising.

"The store wasn't crowded in your TV commercial!"
                        Oh that commercial aired a few years ago. Just like the employees dancing at Office Max commercial.
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Don't be surprised if someone actually tries to do just that.

Comment

It's just an ad. I wouldn't worry over it.

SCs are going to be SCs no matter what you do.
                            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                              I've seen something clean in a wal mart

they remodeled the break room

Comment

Working...
                              X