X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argabarga Competition

Horses Rescue Milk Truck Stuck in Snow

Not bad for a 4HP rig. :P

You know, if horses ever truly understood what they are physically capable of, we'd all be doomed.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Here's another one for you Argabarga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icXi...ature=youtu.be
      "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

pitmonkey, your video made me think, "didn't my mom once tell me about a highway...." and I asked her and she's all "yes I did and we've gotten stuck behind RVs that couldn't make it there before".

And then I found this video of the road she was talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN5VpqMnPUk The "student driver" did not actually get stuck, fortunately. Still seems very sketchy to pull a bus through there.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Probably could have made that turn had he had any experience with a trailer, failure to cut the turn wide causes more people to demolish/gouge/hang up their brand new campers in similar circumstances when they try to drive the exact same line through a turn they'd take in a car, and sideswipe a light pole/parked car/building/all of the above.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Probably the same people who give me the finger when I'm trying to do a right turn from the left curb to the left curb. Why do I do this? Because the @#$%^&* streets in some older cities (even in industrial areas) aren't designed for 53 foot trailers - and I don't want to sideswipe a light pole/parked car/building/etc.

When a trucker uses the whole damn road, there's a reason.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Where I live Road Trains are allowed on any road including the city. The longest is 53.5 metres long (176 feet) and will use all the road to make a turn. That is why there is a sign on the back of them "Do not overtake turning road trains". Drivers around here respect the road trains as they have seen who wins when they hit a car.

Comment

Quoth pitmonkey View Post
                Here's another one for you Argabarga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icXi...ature=youtu.be
                That's here in the Black Hills area of South Dakota \0/.

My hubby and I watched as a tour bus forced its way through one of the tunnels on the Needles Highway. We saw it later on at Sylvan Lake Lodge and it had many paintless scrapes on its sides.

The second vid is just before the Needle's Eye, I believe, and right after getting through the tunnel and passed the small, emphasis on small, parking area there is an 'S' curve. Many people park on that side with the butt ends of their cars sticking out in the driving lane. It's not fun during tourist season in a regular car/truck and the tour buses make it worse.
                Last edited by Cia; 11-24-2014, 03:03 AM.
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                X