This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exacting Petty Revenge!

At BBuy and most stores we do have a series of questions we need to ask customers (do you have a Reward Zone card/would you like one? Would you like any magazines? Did they talk to you about the replacement or service plans?). Some try to avoid this by talking on cell phones (See my other thread for dealing with that). Some are just flat out rude. Yesterday at work I came up with a way to deal with the latter while still appearing as if I'm doing something!

She and her husband (or boyfriend or baby daddy or whatever) come up with their toddler. The toddler gets on my nerves momentarily for jumping behind the counter, but he's a toddler. He only knows what his parents (or gene doners) teach him. No prob. They keep saying "I'm gonna pop you, Jackson!" I'm patiently waiting for them to do so (without of reason...like full on beating the kid--not a mere swat) before calling the cops. Meanwhile I'm talking to the mother of this lovely family.

Me: Hello, ma'me. How are you?
    Her: I'm fine. JACKSON I'M GONNA POP YOU!
    Me: ...Did you find everything you were looking for?
    Her: Oh yes I did. JACKSON GET BACK HERE NOW!
    Me: *sighs and waits for her to pay attention to me again*
    Her: *finally regains focus*
    Me: Did you have a Reward Zone card?
    Her: Oh no! I don't want a credit card?
    Me: ...? It's not a credit card. It's a point card. It--
    Her: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO (no exaggeration) *begins swiping her card. (Let me note here that the debit or credit card won't go through and ask for a PIN or to approve the credit transaction total until I get to the TOTAL screen. People will start swiping their cards before I even scan their purchases. It's very entertaining sometimes! Cos you can see them thinking "....?! Why won't my card work?! HOLY CRAP!")
    Me: *taking my time bagging her purchases*
    Her: *swipe* *swipe* *swipe* *swipe* JACKSON! JACKSON! LEAVE THAT ALONE!
    Me: *pressing the Main Menu button. Pressing Escape.* *Pressing the Main Menu button. Pressing Escape* (repeat 3 or 4 times)
    Her: *swipe* *swipe* *swipe* JACKSON! GET BACK HERE NOW! I SWEAR I'M GONNA POP YOU!

(Also note that there weren't any customers behind her. The whole petty revenge probably took 30-45 seconds)
    Me: Ok. No prob. Your total is $XX.XX.

*transaction ends normally*

Passive agressive? Probably. But it feels sooooo good.
    Last edited by WorkAtBBuy; 08-12-2007, 01:54 AM.

Oh please. There is a vast bit of difference between chronic passive-aggresive numbnuts and isolated incidents of, shall we say, pleasing one's self. I can absolutely picture your calm visage as you serenely bag the purchases.

Comment

Working...
    X