This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Last Shift

Yes, I was sucky, but I was never sucky towards the friendly, cheerful customers who said please and thank you, who were polite and weren't sucky at all. Anyone who was sucky, well, I made sure they knew. I am free of that hell hole at last, I'll miss the staff because they were brilliant, but I am so glad to get away.

I have a name you know

It was horribly busy, probably the busiest I have ever seen the bar. The line is about four people deep, I am not exaggerating when I say there were probably about 100 people waiting for drinks. Two women decided they were too good to wait, and they saw me.

SC: OI! SUPERVISOR! GET OVER HERE!

I ignored them

SC: SUPERVISOR! AM I TALKING TO MYSELF? GET OVER HERE!

I went over.

SC: SUPERVISOR! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR AGES!
    Me: A lot of people have been waiting ages ma'am.
    SC: BUT YOU'RE A SUPERVISOR, SUPERVISOR!
    Me: Yes, but we are all doing the best we can, there are a lot of people waiting, you are just going to have to do the same. I will get to you as soon as I can.
    SC: BUT YOU'RE A SUPERVISOR!
    Me: Yes, but that does not mean I can magically make people disappear. Believe me, if I could, you would not be here.

They gasped. But when I eventually served them, they were surprisingly friendly and polite.

THAT IS NOT MY NAME!!

I'm sorry, but as highlighted in the previous post, I HATE being called SUPERVISOR! It is not my name!

A woman decided to copy the previous SC'S

SC: EXCUSE ME! SUPERVISOR! OVER HERE! SUPERVISOR!
    Me: THAT'S MR. SUPERVISOR TO YOU!

I never ended up serving her.

Mature Old Hags

A group of three middle aged women were stood at the bar. They were wearing clothes that belonged to someone a third of their age and had skin like leather handbags. I couldn't help but notice they were watching a female co-worker were closely. The leader of the three spoke to the other.

SC: Right, I know a trick on how to get served first. When SHE *points at CW* walks past again, the three of us shout and scream at her, and then she'll serve us!

I interupted.

Me: You will do no such thing!
    SC: Excuse me, this is a private conversation.
    Me: Which you will be having outside, you will be getting no service from anyone in this bar.
    SC: Wha...wha..why???
    Me: Because you believe it is OK to treat another human being like an animal, and will act like a child to get your own way.

I walked and told my co-worker VERY LOUDLY what they were planning to do. Several customers and staff turned and glared at them, and they left.

Are you deaf?

SC: I want a pint of Stella.
    Me: Oh I'm sorry, but we don't serve Stella here, but we do sell *lists lager*
    SC: YOU DON'T SERVE STELLA?
    Me: What did I just say?
    SC: Uuuuuhhhhh....uhhhhh....

Grumpy Old Hag

Another middle aged woman dressed like a 20 year old came up to the bar. She was served really quickly.

SC: Gin and lemonade.

I made it, and started pouring the lemonade. Unless the customer requests any differently, I usually fill the glass about three quarters full. She did not say anything, so I did my usual.

SC: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY DRINK?
    Me: You asked for a gin and lemonade.
    SC: WELL I MIGHT AS WELL HAVE JUST BOUGHT A FUCKING GLASS OF FUCKING LEMONADE FROM THE AMOUNT YOU'VE PUT IN!
    Me: Oh for God's sake! Was it too much effort for you to simply ASK for a little bit of lemonade? I'm sorry if I don't know your personal preferences, if I were psychic, I would.

She wandered off, cursing under her breath.

OK, I was the sucky one

We were so busy, we quickly began to run out of glasses, and not enough clean ones were getting put out fast enough. A guy asked for a few shooters, and I only had half pint glasses left. 99 out of 100 customers don't give a shit because they are already wasted, this one did.

SC: Excuse me, why have you put my shooter in this kind of glass?
    Me: For shits and giggles.

I walked away.

Old School Girl

Someone I went to school with came up to the bar. She was one of those girls who always thought she was so loved and so much better than anyone else. She always spoke to people like they were crap, and this was the first time I had seen her in five years. But hey, people change! There's no harm in being nice. Or so I thought.

Me: Oh hi Hanna! How are you?
    SC: Where's your cigarrette machine?
    Me: Well, we don't have one, pointless with the smoking ban. So what can I get you? How have things been going for you since school?
    SC: I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT FUCKING SCHOOL, I'M TALKING ABOUT FUCKING CIGARETTES!
    Me: Alright, fuck you then.

The manager caught on that I was being a tad sucky, but he laughed it all off. He just warned me not to get too brave, just in case it backfired big time.

Shits and giggles is one of my favorite phrases. I use it whenever possible, and applicable. Wow, at least you got to tell some people off. I just can't believe those three ladies's audacity. To think that screaming at a waitress would do anything for them. They wouldn't have tipped either, so good to get rid of them when you could.
    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
    ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Glad you could vent on your last day. Good for you.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        SC: BUT YOU'RE A SUPERVISOR!
        Me: Yes, but that does not mean I can magically make people disappear. Believe me, if I could, you would not be here.

They gasped. But when I eventually served them, they were surprisingly friendly and polite.
        Good one!!!!!

You know, some people just have to be spoken to in a rude manner. Shows them who's in charge or something. Earn their respect and whatnot.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I have only one thing to say:

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Must have felt good! If there was a standing ovation smiley, I'd post it for you!
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
              Must have felt good! If there was a standing ovation smiley, I'd post it for you!
              Can we do the wave?

No, not that wave...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Dude, you are my new hero. I wish I worked at a place where we could tell people to fuck off when they're being assholes.
                Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post

How about the wave?

Or everyone bowing to your brilliance?
                  I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Working...
                  X