This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love football, but I hate the NFL

Background: My Company (who most of you have figured out by now) and the NFL were in a legal tussle over the NFL Network. We wanted it on the Sports tier, the NFL wanted it on a regular digital tier at a price to the company that would require us to raise rates on everyone that has digital cable. Needless to say we didn't want to do that. It went to court, and as how nothing can be changed while litigation is ongoing, the NFL Network was on both the Sports tier and the regular digital tier. My company won the court case and now it's only on the Sports tier.

Thus began the avalanche of suck. A lot of people who used to have the NFL Network (which is almost everyone, since no one had the Sports tier except the diehards and racing fans) suddenly don't now. Of course "you guys didn't tell us" is repeated a million times by people who just tear off the return stub from the bills and throw away all those little notices that come with it.

Another fun group are the angry malcontents that call up and bitch at anything that costs them more money. They rail and rail about the costs of cable, yet the stay with us. Every change in package is met with "OMG YOU GUYZ WANT MORE OF OUR MONEY", because we all love hearing the calls that come in when prices or packages change ya know Of course there's a few things they ignore and/or refuse to consider:

1. Keeping the channel where it was would have meant a price increase which would put us back in the same point of me listening to you bitch.

2. The NFL has games all Sunday, Monday Night, Thanksgiving, and Saturdays after college football is over yet decided to make some games only available on a channel that requires digital cable. Good business move on their part actually, but this is not something decided by your cable company.

3. Things change. Screaming at me that the channel was part of the package when you signed up doesn't change the fact that it isn't anymore. Also, no your bill doesn't change when we remove a channel so please stop with the "Oh you guys sure don't lower my bill when you take something away do you" in that "OMG GREEDY COMPANY" tone. We also don't raise your bill when we add to your lineup either. How did you like those 6 new HD channels that appeared last month? Did we raise your bill for them? Then STFU.

4. The NFL wanted to make you pay more all year long for a channel that has shit-all between the Super Bowl and preseason (that's from January to August for you non football types). We're trying to save you money, you chowderheads.

I dealt with a special sort yesterday, a lady called in and asked what happened to the NFL channel. I explain the above, and she asks if she upgrades to our bundle package with all 3 services can we throw in the NFL Network. Now that itself wasn't sucky, I mean there's no harm in asking for a deal. It's when I told her no I couldn't is when she decided that I *should* because after all she's such a good customer. Trying to figure out how her being a good customer relates into me handing out free stuff was making my brain think of the Comic Book Guy and the "since you don't understand sarcasm, I'm closing the register" bit.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes
Working...
X