This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, but what the heck caused the flames? XD
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
      yes, but what the heck caused the flames? XD
      Melting cheese hitting the heating elements? Crumbs in the catch tray shifting when you put the toaster on its side?
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Tsk, you need Toaster bags

Been making drippy cheese toastie things in my toaster for years
        Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Yeah...one big, important step that the Lifehacker article leaves out is that you need to clean your toaster thoroughly before attempting this. If you have any crumbs in the bottom of your toaster, they can catch on fire from coming into contact with the heating element when you flip the toaster on its side.
          Last edited by MaggieTheCat; 03-19-2012, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I would never have thought of trying that. But then, our toaster is this monster 4 slice job, dunno if it'd even stay up on its side without help.

And now I want a grilled cheese sammich for dinner. But, I think I'll make it the traditional way.
            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Toaster oven. 'Nuff said.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

...is it sad that I have a toaster oven? And two george foreman grills?

Yet I went straight for the fire hazard. GG me. XD

Comment

George Foreman grill - great grilled-cheese sandwich maker. Yum.
                  That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
                    Tsk, you need Toaster bags

Been making drippy cheese toastie things in my toaster for years
                    Theeeeeese I need some more.

I make cheese on toast under the grill in my oven. Delicious. I also have a toasted sandwich maker - it's like a waffle maker only it is shaped for bread and is still just as much of a bitch to clean. I smother my cheese in Lea and Perrins, mmmm. ^^

I heard that some Yank ovens don't have grills, integrated or otherwise, in their ovens...is this true?
                    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
                      I heard that some Yank ovens don't have grills, integrated or otherwise, in their ovens...is this true?
                      I've only seen ONE oven in my entire life that had a little mini grill integrated with it. Most of our ovens are just four burners and the oven part.

Comment

Seraph, when I was in high school (late high school...old enough to know better), I killed our toaster doing the same thing. So don't feel too bad. That's at least two of us who have set toasters on fire.

Now that I'm all grown up, I don't even own a regular toaster. Just a toaster oven. Probably a good thing...
                        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                          I've only seen ONE oven in my entire life that had a little mini grill integrated with it. Most of our ovens are just four burners and the oven part.
                          I've never seen a modern oven without one. Iiiinteresting. *strokes chin*

We had to have our grill element replaced recently, as the element had melted. As in, I dubbed it the 'Salvador Dali Grill'. The photograph that we sent to the estate agent and landlord asking them nicely to replace it apparently went round the offices going 'OMG look at this!! '.
                          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I bet you throw frozen meat in a hot skillet too!

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                              ...is it sad that I have a toaster oven? And two george foreman grills?

Yet I went straight for the fire hazard. GG me. XD
                              After this post, I can't say I feel sympathy for you.
                              I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                                After this post, I can't say I feel sympathy for you.
                                I believe my friend's response when I told him I had them as well was, "I don't even KNOW you! Go away, strange insane woman! GO AWAY BEFORE I CATCH YOUR CRAZY."

Comment

Working...
                                X