Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got my home number memorized, but I just can't remember my cell number. I know the last four, and the area code, but not the middle three. The usual method of giving it to my friends is to call their phone so they can save the contact. Trying to look it up doesn't work, because the phone info shows the number that was originally on the phone and not the one ported in. But I finally got around to putting a "ME!" contact in my phone so if I need it fast I can pull out my phone and type that in.
    It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

My problem isn't so much that i forget my phone number, as i start getting confused as to which number i'm giving out - House, Cell, Mom's Cell, Work, i also used to be my mom's phone book, she'd ask "what is so-and-so's number?" and i'd rattle it off, but now that i dial people by their name and not numbers, i don't have as many in my memory.
      I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
        Yes, if you've had a phone number for any length of time, though, you'd think.....
        I moved out of the house 12 years ago. Yet, to this day, if I'm distracted and you ask for my phone number, I'm liable to start saying that one. But, in my defense, we moved into the house in 1971 and to dial the number, you kind of play around in the upper left corner of the number pad.

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
        I've got my home number memorized, but I just can't remember my cell number. I know the last four, and the area code, but not the middle three.
        That's why I've got mine written down on a sticky note! It just doesn't have any pattern to it that I can use to memorize it.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
        X