Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bastard needs to be hung up by his buster browns.

Comment

And folks, please try not to put down others who went through this process and found a good mate while putting down the OP's disgusting schoolmate. While you're at it, don't be so quick to judge the girls. Life here can be extremely hard. Average per capita income is US$1 per day. Like the OP said, these girls are people, too.
      very true. there's a lot of Filipenos in my company and i've met many a man who met and married a woman the normal way.

and as for income... i do remember one woman telling me, one of the biggest "exports" was people - though she was referring to people willingly leaving for work, many of them headed to the desert countries (UAE, bahrain, etc) for jobs.

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
        Actually, you'd be surprised...

I'm not saying what the guy did was right, he's a total sleaze-ball. HOWEVER.

The way mail-order brides work is that the women willingly sign up for it. It's a way for them to get into the country and try to become a legal citizen.
        And as soon as her English skills improve enough, if she has any sense she will file for divorce and half of his assets.

Comment

Just think of it this way. The only way he could get a woman was to buy one.

You said he picked on you in the past? Look at him now.

People who picked on me in middle and high school now have at least 1 or 2 kids, can't keep a job to save their lives, dropped out of high school or have already flunked out of college, have several criminal charges on their records, are on probation or some are even still in jail........yeah......and remember, I was the whore.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            Just think of it this way. The only way he could get a woman was to buy one.

You said he picked on you in the past? Look at him now.

People who picked on me in middle and high school now have at least 1 or 2 kids, can't keep a job to save their lives, dropped out of high school or have already flunked out of college, have several criminal charges on their records, are on probation or some are even still in jail........yeah......and remember, I was the whore.
            Oh absolutely. One of "my" bullies was killed in jail, after killing his own grandfather for the inheritance. I saw it on the news and went "hey that guy looks familiar *looks in old year books* haha sucks to be you!"

Comment

it wasn't a judgement; most of the stories i've heard of involving this type of situation aren't pretty, so i apologize if i said anything out of line.

i hope she did rip him a serious one for all of that; i also agree on the english skills-most people from other countries do speak it better than those who have it as a first language, a sad comment on some of my fellow americans.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

it wasn't a judgement; most of the stories i've heard of involving this type of situation aren't pretty, so i apologize if i said anything out of line.
                Sorry, I'm probably overly sensitive about this. I did buy my wife's mailing address out of a catalog (please keep in mind, this was 1996, long before the Internet was wide-spread). All I had at first was a picture, her age, her address, a little basic background. We spent the next two years writing letters back-and-forth (yes, written and with stamps!). Towards the end we talked on the phone, too (ouch, the bills).

Finally, I decided that I had to meet her (she was smart, pretty, sweet, college-educated, elected official, good family ... mother was an English teacher, brother studying for the bar exam) ... when we first met at the airport I just knew. Best decision I've ever made.

Sadly, like others have mentioned, there are a lot of guys and girls who try to scam each other. The girls want a better life for their family, the guys just want sex. The last guy who came to meet one of my cousins wanted to show her pictures of his five houses. But, he insisted that he'd only do it in his hotel room for "confidentiality reasons". Really hate that.

I'd like to reiterate that the OP's friend is probably paying dearly for his actions. Most Filipinas are strong, strong women and don't like embarrassed like that.

Regarding working overseas: yes, most tend to work in the Middle East. There are a lot who also work in HK, Singapore, etc. About seven million (10% of the population) Filipinos do this. They help put their relatives through school or simply support their family.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if some of my highschool classmates were in prison themselves now. Some of them had 'future serial-killer' written all over them.

Comment

yeah... sometimes karma is harsh.

i remember one of the semi-bullies in my highschool. he wasn't the beat-you-up kind but rather the kind who said "if you don't party you aren't cool and i'm better than you"

last i knew, his family went dead silent - they might have even left the town - after he was sent to prison for relations with a minor.

Comment

Quoth Toujin View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised if some of my highschool classmates were in prison themselves now. Some of them had 'future serial-killer' written all over them.
                      I know for a *fact* that several of my 'peers' ARE in prison (or have done time) for various offenses INCLUDING murder. And no, I'm not at all surprised about any of them - they were scuzz even as far back as *grade* school.
                      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

I'm embarrassed to say this, but until today I thought mail-order brides were an urban legend.

Comment

Working...
                        X