This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Honestly, I don't care"

When I started attending University in the Fall of 2006, the Kitchen in Big Rez# was always unlocked. It would remain unlocked so long as everyone kept it clean. It's safe to say that the doors were soon locked.

There are only three keys that can get you into the Big Rez Kitchen now. One belongs to the Dean of Residence, one belongs to the Residence President (student rep who makes sure the residence runs smoothly), and the Front Desk.

The way you get the key is by giving your student ID to the us and signing the key out of a book. There is sort of an unwritten rule that if you take the key out, you should either return it right away or stay in the kitchen. This is for the other students. If you need the ktichen and the doors are locked, but someone else has the key... Well you can't use the kitchen now can you?

Option two is to use the Mini Rez# kitchen. However that is much smaller, on the other side of campus, and doesn't have as much stuff.

Anyway, a guy takes out the key around midnight. At around 1:30 a few guys, one being a good friend of mine, come asking for the kitchen key. I tell them it's out, so they can just knock on the door. They do but no one's there.

This was the scene a few minutes ago;
    KH= Key Hoarder
    Me=me

KH= *comes down from upstairs* Here's the kitchen key. *puts the key down in front of me* (The kitchen is on ground level, and he lives downstairs)
    Me=Thanks. You know people were looking for this.
    KH= Haha sucks to be them, but I don't really care.
    Me= You shouldn't just leave the door locked when you take out the key.
    KH= Don't really care
    Me= They couldn't make themselves supper.
    KH= Can't Security or...somebody let them in?
    Me= No, that's the only key. Other than the President, but I'm not waking her at 2am for that.
    KH= Yeah well, I don't care. *Heads downstairs*

It is so damn frustrating.

#Name changed
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Next time

If the room is locked next time, just give the hungry students the name and room number of the hoarder. Problem solved.

Comment

I did. Like I said, he was upstairs at the time. He lives in the downstairs. So when they were looking for him he was not in the kitchen or his room.

Comment

It's a shame you can't tell the key hoarder something similar the next time he asks for it.

KH: I want the kitchen key.
        Hinakiba: Honestly? I don't care.

"You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

that's what i say. if he's going to be a F***tard then he can't ahve the key. as simple as that

Comment

Gank the key. Make copies of it at your local wal-mart. Problem solved.

Edit: My apologies to the OP. I don't know if there's Wal-Mart in Canada or not. If not, replace Wal-Mart with your local store that does key duplications.
            Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Why hoard the key at all?

Shit at midnight or later the only thing I'm using the kitchen for is making a frozen pizza.

5 minutes for the oven to heat up, 15 minutes to cook, return the key, and then enjoy my deliciousness. (Dang, now I want a BBQ Chicken pizza from California Pizza Kitchen)
              <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

The Key is coded not to be copied. All the rez keys are like that. The only people who can copy them are maintenance.

But yeah, we have Wal-mart

Comment

I really hope you're allowed to put him on the "don't get the key list". That'd just be funny.

"Sorry, can't have the key because you abused the privelege."
                  "But, I need to cook!"
                  "I don't really care."
                  "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                    The Key is coded not to be copied. All the rez keys are like that. The only people who can copy them are maintenance.
                    Unfortunantly if they were to ever figure out that Johny the wonder chimp frat brother who works at bills key emporium could copy it for nickle bag and wouldn't care about the could then there could be problems. Unless its a unique type of blank that most shops wouldn't stock for their cutter.
                    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

I agree... that asswipe has just lost himself key privileges.
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I think every time he comes to use the key, he should be told that another student has it.

If he wants to know who so he can go get it, tell him that that's priviledged information, but that he is welcome to find out who it is on his own.

See how funny he thinks it is when he's the one wanting to use the kitchen

Comment

Do you have such a list of folks forbidden to use the kitchen? If not, could you set one up with the other people who man the desk? It would probably help you a lot. You could even have expiration dates on their bans. First offense of jackassery is a two week ban, first offense of not cleaning up after oneself is a one month ban, etc.
                          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

He came up to me at lunch and told me. "I thought that there were more keys. I didn't think it was so rare. etc"

I just looked at him and went back to my supper. You can't give me all that attitude then expect me me to accept, "I thought there were more keys."

IT IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE KEY! That's the whole point of the damn key check out thing.

The only keys we have mulitiples are the pass cards for the gym.

Comment

The way to solve this problem with key hoarding would be to have the person leave their ID at the desk until they return the key. They have no use for their ID when they're in the dorm.

Although in my experience, student ID's were kind of joke, most people I went to school with didn't even bother to carry a school ID.
                              Last edited by LifeCarnie; 02-05-2008, 05:00 PM.
                              Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Working...
                              X