This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Go Out To The Movies

Before I graduated into the wonderful world of Tech Support, I had the pleasure of working at a movie theater for about 4 years. Here are some stories for you.

1. SKATEBOARDIN RASCALS

SK 1, 2 = Skateboarding kids, or spawn of satan
    ME = elevator

ME: Hey guys, no skateboards in the theater. Please leave them with us at the front desk and we’ll return them to you when you leave the theater.
    SK1: No way, dude! You’re gonna keep them and not give them back.
    SK2: Yeah because our friends have lost a lot of boards here to you guys.
    ME: *eye roll* I promise, I’ll give them back. They’ll be sitting right here in plain sight. Nobody will touch them, I swear.
    SK2: Why can’t we just take them in? We’re not gonna be skating in the theater.
    SK1: Yeah why’s it a big deal, are you a nazi or something?
    ME: Yes I’m a nazi. Just leave the decks up here and you’ll get them back, I can’t permit you to take those in. It’s a safety issue as well, we can’t have you guys getting hurt in here because you fall down or whatever. Leave them here.
    SK1: Fine…

*So they leave their skateboards up with me at the front desk. A few minutes later I go to break, satisfied those little punker bastards won’t be skating in the theater. Now, our movie theater is kind of out in the middle of the country, so there are not a whole lot of places to go on lunch and breaks. Generally we just go to a theater and watch part of a movie until it’s time to go back to work. So I stroll into Transformers to catch some of it. Now this is a Tuesday. We’re generally really really dead on weekdays, so this Transformers theater was empty except for me and one couple. As I’m watching the movie, something goes rolling down the aisle: one of those bastard kids on a skateboard!

I stand up and SK1 sees me and runs out the exit door, SK2 I couldn’t see so I abandoned him for kid 2. I catch up with him and drag him to the office. I have a manager hold him there while I go find the other kid. He’s casually walking out the front door trying to blend in but I recognize him and have a fellow co worker corner him and take him to the office.
    ME: I thought I told you guys no skateboarding!
    SK1: I’m gonna have my dad sue you, you asshole!
    ME: We’ll see about that.

I permit SK1 to call his mom to come to the theater to represent her kid in this. She comes in all fire-and-brimstone, screaming at us.
    AP = angry parent

AP: how dare you touch my child, how DARE you!!
    ME: Ma’am, I had no choice. We want to show you and your child, along with his friend, the security video.

Little did they know, while the kids were being retained my manager and I had looked at the security footage. Our box office on weekdays is usually only manned by one person. When that one person, being me in this case, breaks, the person in concessions keeps an eye on box office until that employee returns. The concessionist, however, was in the back kitchen stocking supplies. The bastard kids, not seeing anybody in the lobby, leapt over a railing (1), dug through a cabinet (2), took their skateboards (3), and took money out of the register (4), as well as taking several pairs of sunglasses and other various stupid crap from the lost and found bucket (5). They then ran into the theater I happened to be in and started skating around again. We’ve got all of this crystal clear on video.

I showed this to the mom and the kids.

AP: Those are not my kids! No child of mine would do this!
    *At this point, my manager demands the kids empty their pockets, and voila! They had over $100 in cash on them, and the various stuff taken from the lost and found. The fact that they had their damn skateboards and looked EXACTLY like the kids in the video should’ve been evidence enough.
    ME: Ma’am, you have 2 options. The first being you either can take both of these children and leave with the knowledge that they are barred from this theater and are lucky to avoid charges, or you can fight this any further and lose a lot of effort and money on taking this court. Your kids are criminals, that much is proven.

The kids then talked with the mom and still denied any wrongdoing, the mom I think understood the situation a little better and took them outside to the car, where she proceeded to slap the hell out of her son, the other kid probably deserved as much.

More stories to come.
    The only thing great about working tech support is that it's not customer service.

Quoth Elevator View Post
    "Why yes, I am. Please follow me into this shower room where you will be gassed to death, and then we'll just haul you over to the crematorium."

People who throw around the term "nazi" like that piss me off.

If those dumb fucks had been smart enough to just make a run for it instead of skateboarding around the theater, they'd have gotten away with their thievery.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

They would've indeed. Which is why not only are they criminals, but intensely dumb criminals. Stupidy in that amount is not safe in the brain of one person.
      The only thing great about working tech support is that it's not customer service.

Comment

That mother neededs to be slapped with a filthy, rotten, dead for 10 days, smelly trout! For the love of gosh....

You SAW these two little shits on camera being theives and causing trouble and you STILL think that they didn't do it and did nothing wrong?

Oh hell, and it's 5 months until trout season......maybe my baseball bat will work.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

So why exactly didn'y you charge the little dicks?
          If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
            So why exactly didn'y you charge the little dicks?
            Because for theft below $5,000 and minors involved, it's really not worth it. The cops would come... after 2-3 hours... maybe (Seriously low priority call), toss them in the squad car, and drive them home, if that far. At most they'd be remanded to the custody of their parents. If for some reason it DID go to court, the court costs would cost more than what the kids had taken.

Given that the stolen property was recovered, nothing would happen. For the level of crime, banning is really the strongest they could manage, though it was a nice touch that they banned the mother too.
            Check out my webcomic!

Comment

New law set in place by me:

Theft/public disturbance/general asshattery = fired out of a cannon and into the sun.
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Screw it, I'm a vindictive ass. I still would've called the cops, especially once mummy refused to acknowledge little pweshus of doing any wrong. Can parents be sued for loss of funds??
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                  Because for theft below $5,000 and minors involved, it's really not worth it. The cops would come... after 2-3 hours... maybe (Seriously low priority call), toss them in the squad car, and drive them home, if that far. At most they'd be remanded to the custody of their parents. If for some reason it DID go to court, the court costs would cost more than what the kids had taken.

And this is why kids have no respect for the law or people in authority.
                  If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Elevator View Post
                    ME: Yes I’m a nazi. Just leave the decks up here and you’ll get them back, I can’t permit you to take those in. It’s a safety issue as well, we can’t have you guys getting hurt in here because you fall down or whatever. Leave them here.
                    Heh, I imagine your reply was made in a perfectly deadpan tone of voice.

The questions is also the exact reason why I can't stand most teenagers..."oh woe is me, I'm so forlorn, my precious skateboard can't go into the theater with me! Life is so unfair!"

Tough shit...I'm told that I can't go through life by beating people to death while wearing a Daffy Duck costume. We all make these little sacrifices to society...live with it!
                    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                    "What IS fun to fight through?"
                    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      People who throw around the term "nazi" like that piss me off.
                      I have a German/Polish heritage, think about how that makes me feel.
                      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                        I have a German/Polish heritage, think about how that makes me feel.
                        Amen to that. I remember watching at high school a movie on the Concentration Camps( i give them capital C's because I feel they necessitate them), and as my last name is obviously German, I was obviously personally responsible for the atrocities committed.It became cool to start calling me "bloody( means "damn" etc in English/New Zealand language context)german".

Not fun having that thrown at you when you are 13. I mean, for goodness sake, my family has been here for generations!

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                          Heh, I imagine your reply was made in a perfectly deadpan tone of voice.

The questions is also the exact reason why I can't stand most teenagers..."oh woe is me, I'm so forlorn, my precious skateboard can't go into the theater with me! Life is so unfair!"

Tough shit...I'm told that I can't go through life by beating people to death while wearing a Daffy Duck costume. We all make these little sacrifices to society...live with it!
                          I was giving it right back to them, they were probably no more than 12 or 13 and thought they were little gangsters. They thought they could get away with an afternoon of causing trouble for somebody and they thought wrong.

The reason we didn't call the cops is:
                          1. We recovered the stuff.
                          2. One of the kids was crying.
                          3. We made them write out an apology to my boss and we took their photos to verify if they ever came in again.
                          4. They begged us not to.
                          5. I got caught stealing some crap when I was a kid and was busted so badly that I never stole anything again. I think having them go through the whole ordeal with police who really have better stuff to do probably wouldn't have helped them any in learning a lesson.

Comment

One of 'em started crying? What a douche. I hope he bashes himself sterile with his skateboard.

Comment

Quoth Elevator View Post
                              2. One of the kids was crying.
                              I would so pay to see that

does that make me a bad person
                              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                              X