This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe it's not a bad thing i had to leave my last job

i went back to The Store yesterday - i've been in less than 10 times since I left. My BF & I did some shopping including getting a new ipod cover for me. The new cover turned out to be one I didn't like - it only covers the back, not the back and front.

So maybe 30-40 minutes later we came back in to return it.

Now back when I worked there my dept was right next to customer service. We use to get people asking us to do returns when the line got too long but... ain't trained for it.

Not anymore. I don't know if it's chain-wide or just our store but they combined the Techs with the Service counter. So now everyone has to do both jobs.

I guess that's their way of "downsizing". meh. i know I'd have hated working returns. bleh.

Well, then, my store has been downsizing for the last 10 years. Last night we were scheduled until 11:00--really, just before that, usually--and left at 11:45. I closed the cafe and had to stay 1/2 hour later over there because it was really busy and I lost half an hour to my lunch. So that put me late getting to the salesfloor. And we were scheduled short-handed, too. Oh, and I recall someone coming in 10 minutes before closing wanting us to pull furniture out of the back room. Yeah, we need more people on a Saturday.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
    X