Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Forum games

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Chairman of the Board

Reggie looked at the people standing around the room. All seemed to be considering the words they just heard. He only knew the compulsion he was under, and that he had no choice but to be involved in this.

Reggie spoke: “My name is Reggie. I am new to all of you here, and I am a zombie. 200 years ago I had been press-ganged onto a slave ship sailing from west Africa to the Caribbean. A British antislavery patrol chanced upon us. Seeing that we were out-gunned, the Captain ordered our cargo to be jettisoned. As we were herding those poor souls out the lower ports, one woman turned to me and said “I curse you to become one of the undead, and to stand in my stead to fight the Great Evil if and when it returns to enslave humanity. With my death, you shall thus forever be bound.’ I had wondered what she meant by that. Now I know. I will stand with you and do what I can to defeat Malbozia and his minions.”

Old 10-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Before departing for the meeting, Rick Angstrom begged off from the GWF for a week or so. The excuse he gave was a death in the family, and apologized for the bad timing, being right after his winning the World Championship, but at least Ken McManus (the head of the GWF) was understanding and let him do so.

At the meeting, Rick wasn't exactly someone that went unnoticed by the others present. Being six-foot-eight and just so damn big in general meant that he stood out. He listened in on the lecture from the ones ... apparently running this show. One he could tell was Frankenstein's 'Monster', the next could only have been Sasquatch or something, and then Vlad "Dracula" Tepes, and finally Van Helsing.

Dracul's aura did make him sit up slightly. In the back of his head, he could feel the feral part of his brain trying to flip the switch, and felt his heartrate start to climb. With a quick series of breathing exercises, he got it under control before his change overtook him.

Digesting the situation and the question, Rick watched as the zombie stood up and pledged his support. Once Reggie sat down, the troll-kin stood.

"My name is Rick. Some of you have probably already recognized me from television, but I don't know any of you. I've lived my life trying to keep my troll-kin nature under control, because I'd be a danger to everyone around me if I lost control." He ran a hand along his shaven scalp, then stroked his beard a bit. "If what you say is true, this Malbozia would be more of a danger. I will fight with you."

In his head, the feral side of his nature, the rampaging troll side, growled in anticipation at being able to cut loose on something without worry of repercussions.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 10-21-2012, 02:11 AM
Injector of Radioactive Things

Arisa eyed this Van Helsing warily. So much for my quiet life, she thought. Her powers had begun to manifest on her seventeenth birthday and her mother had been instrumental in teaching her how to control them. Still, her powers were more for defense and concealing who she really was rather than offense and fighting. Taking on this Malbozia--boy did that name sound ominous--would be suicide with her current level of power.

Her gaze slid to Dracule. How could she not recognize the First Vampire? The power he exuded was unmistakable. Surely he could be of help. She addressed her answer to him. "My name is Arisa Holt. I am a vampire. I work for a hospital. As such, I have no fighting experience--supernatural or otherwise. Joining this fight now would end badly for me and I suspect I'm not the only one. However, as Mr Helsing has pointed out, Malbozia and his armies will come for me anyway. And I do not intend to sit and wait to die." She gave a respectful bow. "I am with you, and I would be honored if you would help me develop my powers so they may be of use to counter this threat."

Old 10-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Girl Thursday

My eyes go wide at the name of the one we have been called together to deal with.

Malbolzia.

He was the reason that my father gave up his wrapping so that I could be raised with his power. His injuries from the last great emergency had left him powerless to protect anyone for the next, which is most of the reason I even existed.

And now, here it was.

Malbozia.

Even the thought of that name sent shivers down my spine.

I wasn't aware I was standing until it came time to speak. The words came more easily than I would have thought; and even I could barely hear the hint of terror that had set up shop in the back of my mind.

"I am Beset Al-Alawi, and I will join you. I may not be as strong as some of the rest here, but we're going to need every bit of power we have, and if we wait, even that much won't be enough."

I sounded so... mousey, after the others. It's not the first time I'm thankful that my darker coloration works to hide my blush.

^-.-^

Old 10-22-2012, 03:39 AM
Chairman of the Board

Livia Fletcher sat among the rest, clutching a crumpled -- and now quite damp -- piece of paper in one hand ... the piece of paper, with the blood-red 'O' on it. She'd been hoping for a distraction from her latest studies (ancient Egyptian ... what had she been thinking??) but at the moment she'd gladly go back to struggling with hieroglyphics.

So Malbozia was back.

And no doubt he's pissed off, she thought, a trifle hysterically.

She'd known this day would come. Her family had passed a veiled warning along from one generation to the next, that someday a deadly evil would be loosed on the world and a Fletcher would definitely be among those sent to fight it.

And here she was.

Just my luck.

Stifling a sigh, she stood up and cleared her throat.

"My name is Livia Fletcher. I'm not sure ... um ... exactly what I can do, but I can promise that I will do my best and that I will not abandon the fight."

Hooboy, she thought, nearly collapsing back into her chair, as a heroic speech, that one could've used a good editor. Or better yet, a complete rewrite.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:53 AM
Chairman of the Board

Reggie senses that not much is going happen in the next few minutes. He slips out a side door, and goes around the corner to a small Chinese restaurant he noticed on the way to the meeting. He goes in, orders some monkey brains and tea. He wolfs it down. For dessert he opens a fortune cookie. It reads: “A thrilling time is in your immediate future.” He folds it and puts it in the special pocket with the silver dollars. Reggie quietly slips back through the side door into the meeting. No one seems to have noticed he stepped out for a moment. At least his stomach won’t be growling for a while.

Last edited by Ironclad Alibi; 10-23-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Indoor Kitty

I look around at all of the other people standing up and vowing themselves for this important mission. I am at a crossroads. My grandmother ingrained the importance of this mission in my head, but I just don't feel ready.

It took me years before I could decently control myself and now, it's time to take all of my training and use it.

I sip at my mug of tea. Hestantly, I stand up.

"Hi. My name is Fiona Blum. I am a decendant of Medusa. I pledge myself to this important mission. I'll help anyway I can."

I sit down and take a deep breath. The hard part's over, now the real test begins.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Ninja Quilter

Sunny gulps and thinks 'Why me? I didn't tell anyone, not even my parents.' She slowly starts walking backwards, hoping this was all a dream.

http://quiltingmoonkin.blogspot.com/

PM me to ask about quilts.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:06 PM
I throw rocks at the sun

I just want to stay in my library and do my research, Kayln though, but this is to important, plus I am pretty sure my entire family will come back and haunt me if I don't. Plus maybe these people can teach me the control over thing inside me.

Kayln slowly stood up and said "My name in Kayln Darkwynd and I am a descendant of Dr Jekyll. Or you probably knew him has Mr. Hyde. I will help with this mission. I also hope to control the beast inside me"

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Old 10-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Rick looks over at Kayln and gives her a nod of something like sympathy and something like camaraderie. "Right on," he nods to her. "I know how that goes. Funny thing, though, I thought Dr. Jekyll was childless." He pronounces it with the original Scottish pronunciation. ("Jee-kul.")

If either his statement or his pronunciation get a look, he spreads his hands. "What? I read."

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!
Closed Thread