Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 10-29-2019, 03:47 AM
JAFP

Quote:
Quoth Buzzard View Post
"I'll just go kill myself" ...you know, it might be a better idea to take them WAY too seriously. Going entirely by the rules (varies by area, of course) a nice 72-hour psychiatric hold could be on order here.
Yes, it's more work than this inDUHvidual deserves, but I guarantee she won't try THAT one on you again.
I was thinking the same thing. "I'm sorry ma'am, not only am I morally obligated, but I am legally obligated to take that statement seriously, I will contact the authorities and ensure you get the protection you require".

Seriously, I think this is what you should have done. Let's say she actually did off herself, I guarantee her family would be suing the store for not taking her seriously.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:02 PM
Phoneshop Minion (Ex-techie)

Talking

Apparently, she came into the store today at 8am, to buy a new phone. The phoneshop doesn't open until 9, lol. And I was told by the security guy that was in, all the staff that work on CSD started laughing when she couldn't see or hear them

[EDIT] I was told by the colleague that sold her the phone that he set it up so her saying it was broken when she opened it is BS

Also, thinking of what Irving said, I mentioned it to another mgr, and he said 'As long as she does it outside the door, that's fine'

[EDIT] Mentioned wrong poster

Quote:
Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
If you had every customer who seemed to be not quite sane in body and mind sectioned, the psychiatric hospitals would be overflowing with them....
and we would all be saying....
Most of them probaby work in the store my store is part of, lol

Quote:
Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
She bought in just a week, yet says "hag; But this phone is my life, I have people I need to keep in contact with, etc, etc".

If she bought that soon ago, it should be no problem telling the few people who would ever want to talk to her a new phone number AGAIN!
BH, apprently, she had a contract with us, and this was a replacement phone

Last edited by MadMike; 10-30-2019 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts

Old 11-02-2019, 01:02 AM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
"Down the road, not across the street, K?"
I think you meant "down the vein, not across the wrist"...

Old 11-04-2019, 04:10 AM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

That's what it means....

Old 11-04-2019, 02:04 PM
Jaded. But fun at parties!

Quote:
Quoth SimonF12009 View Post
hag; Fine, I'll go home, commit suicide, and address my suicide note to Trading Standards so you will all get in trouble
Translation: “See you next week!”

Old 11-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Computer Geek

Quote:
Quoth Buzzard View Post
"I'll just go kill myself" ...you know, it might be a better idea to take them WAY too seriously. Going entirely by the rules (varies by area, of course) a nice 72-hour psychiatric hold could be on order here.
Yes, it's more work than this inDUHvidual deserves, but I guarantee she won't try THAT one on you again.
That's actually not a bad idea. How many suicides have happened because people ignored the signs? This is clearly a SIGN. Call the authorities and let them deal with it.

Yeah yeah, I know it'll never happen, but still.....I love the way you think.

Old 11-05-2019, 12:10 PM
Phoneshop Minion (Ex-techie)

Quote:
Quoth South Texan View Post
Translation: “See you next week!”
She was actually in 2 days later

Old 11-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Loading, please wait...

So I'll start right off the bat by admitting that I am a horrible person.

I'd have been so, so, so very tempted to offer her a few ideas on effective ways to kill herself, ending with a cheery, "Good luck!" when she started screaming at me.

I gotta admit though, I also like the idea of taking her entirely seriously and calling the cops on her and putting her through the involuntary psychological hold.

Last edited by Kittish; 11-12-2019 at 03:54 PM.