X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was sucky - (long and ranty)

Any frankly, the bastards deserved it.

Ok, Fraudulent charge hits my card and I get it taken care of. This means that I have to order a new debit card and shred the old one.

A total pain in the arse, but I'm looking at the bright side and that I can finally get rid of Rhapsody's music service since the card it's charged on is now null and void.

I've called them in the past to cancel since I've not the spare money to pay for the service, and they keep managing to keep me on by giving me a free month until I can afford them again.

Persistent bastards I'll grant them that.

So The card goes shreddy-shreddy and I get an e-mail from them saying that they can't charge my card to keep the account active.

Glee! I get to explain it to them and they can't get my money anymore. Here's what I sent them.

On many occasions I have attempted to leave your service. Not that I was
    dissatisfied, but because I'm in a money crunch at the moment. Every
    time I have called I've been assured that I will be canceled and to date
    it has yet to be so.

Recently I have had to fight with another company about a fraudulent
    charge on my credit card (due to legal trickery and a ToS agreement that
    only a lawyer could understand, they tricked me into agreeing to join
    their service and to allow them to collect my credit card information
    from another site I use frequently and start billing right away). The
    final result is that I had to deactivate that card at the bank, run the
    card through a cross-cut shredder and request a new card and a new
    number.

I'm sorry if this means that I have to cancel my service this way, but
    you didn't make it easy for me to do so otherwise. When my financial
    situation stabilizes I will consider rejoining Rhapsody which is a
    service that I enjoy.

Mongo Skruddgemire
    They sent me confirmation that the account was closed and I thought that to be the end of the matter. A week and a half later they're at me again saying that they can't charge my card. ARGH! To quote Dr. Evil "I'm surrounded by frikkin idiots!" Here's what I sent them this time

Listen to me you [rectum] [fornicate]ing morons. I ALREADY QUIT MY SERVICE!

This is the THIRD [fornicate]ING TIME I'VE TOLD YOU THIS!

Twice now I've been assured by you THAT MY [fornicate]ING ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED!

CANCEL THE [deity condemned] ACCOUNT NOW!

This is the email THAT YOUR [deity condemned] COMPANY SENT ME!

<snip>
    Dear [username]@gmail.com <mailto:[username]@gmail.com> ,

This email confirms the cancellation of your Rhapsody All Access
    subscription. You will no longer be billed for this subscription plan
    and your All Access service will terminate at the end of your current
    billing cycle.

DIDN'T MEAN TO UNSUBSCRIBE?

-----------------------------

If you are receiving this email but DID NOT cancel or change your
    Rhapsody All Access subscription, it means we were unable to charge your
    credit card and have been forced to close your account.

Your card may have failed for any of the following reasons:

* Exceeded spending limit.
    * Card expiration.
    * Outdated billing address.
    * Card reported as lost or stolen.
    * Card cancellation.

To re-instate your service, you will need to re-subscribe using an
    updated, valid credit card. You can re-subscribe to any of our plans at:

https://rhapreg.real.com/change-subs...n?from=Unknown
    <https://rhapreg.real.com/change-subscription?from=Unknown>

If you need assistance, please call us between 8am-5pm PST Monday-Friday
    at (866) 311-0228.

Thank you for using Rhapsody.

Rhapsody Customer Care
    <snip>

And here is the message I sent to you and your company acknowledged

<snip>
    [poster's note: message removed since it's what I already posted above]
    <snip>

Up until now, I was considering rejoining your service when I had the
    money for it once again but I'D RATHER WALTZ NAKED THROUGH THE FIRES OF
    HELL!!!

With my most sincerest loathing,

Mongo Skruddgemire
    What is it about some companies on the internet that will not let you go when you don't want/cant afford the service anymore. I joined them of my own free will and I'll leave it on my own free will. Yes, I was sucky...but it felt damn good doing it.

Mongo
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Yep, AOL's cancellation service used to be like that, until someone made a recording of it public online. After that, they became a lot nicer when cancelling.

But AOL still sucks.
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
      A total pain in the arse, but I'm looking at the bright side and that I can finally get rid of Rhapsody's music service since the card it's charged on is now null and void.

I've called them in the past to cancel since I've not the spare money to pay for the service, and they keep managing to keep me on by giving me a free month until I can afford them again.

Persistent bastards I'll grant them that.
      *groans* Oh, I hate to hear that, not that it wasn't expected. I'm planning canceling Rhapsody myself, for the same reasons, and I haven't been looking forward to it since I'd heard they're bad in that way. Maybe I can snag your point and try to drive it home before it gets to that level. I DO enjoy the service, and am more than willing to return to it once my financial situation settles down a bit. However that won't be for several months, and if it takes those several months to get off in the first place you can bet I won't go back.

Guild Wars- Ravynn Darkshine, Drasnian Silk
      MySpace- PhantasmBastion

Comment

Listen to me you [rectum] [fornicate]ing morons. I ALREADY QUIT MY SERVICE!
        This is the THIRD [fornicate]ING TIME I'VE TOLD YOU THIS!
        Twice now I've been assured by you THAT MY [fornicate]ING ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED!Mongo
        If I ever have to write a complaint letter, I promise I will use fornicate and rectum instead of... you know what.
        That is the funnest thing I have seen all month!
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Did you honestly use the altered profanity? If so, that's one of the funniest tell-offs I've ever read.

Otherwise, I know that most of the people who still had accounts in Horizons had to go through this same situation when the company that ran it sold it to another company that ran it.

At that point, the credit card form was unsecured, the unsubscribe form was broken, and it took threats of legal action to get them to stop charging for accounts, and even then it didn't always work.

If I were to deal with a company like that and I had cancelled the service, they'd get a warning the first time it was charged after the cancellation with a demand of a refund for that charge. Then I'd make a call to my bank and tell them that I was in a dispute situation with the company and that there were to be no future charges from them until I informed them otherwise. If the charge wasn't reversed within a month, then I'd dispute it properly with my bank.

There's no excuse for any company to charge people without their consent or to fail to return funds that were not properly charged in the first place.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Real.com is one of the worst about cancelling service. I signed up for their game site on a month to month plan. After about three months, for many reasons (including misleading information), I decided to cancel. The only way to cancel was to do it by phone. ONLY by phone. I called the 800 number. And I sat on hold. And sat. And sat. I tried it at home twice, each time holding for more than twenty minutes.

My next day at work, I call the 800 number and leave the hold recording on speaker phone. I had multiple lines, and it was safe to tie one up. I left it on there for 1 1/2 HOURS. Then I called my bank, explained the situation and had them chargeback the subscription. I did this at least twice. Each month my bank would charge back the subscription, including sending the information to Real explaining that I did not want the service. Next month, subscription charge was back.

I finally gave up and closed that card number and got a new one. Because of this, I will not sign up for anything from Real; I don't even want Realplayer on my computer.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I hope they get a clue finally!!!!!!!
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                Did you honestly use the altered profanity? If so, that's one of the funniest tell-offs I've ever read.
                Sadly no. I used the real wording to them. I was in no mood to deal with these assholes anymore. I had enough and I ripped them a new one.

I'm actually convinced that the best way to have their service is to get a pre-paid visa card and only put on the amount the service costs before they're due to pull it out of the bank. That way you can cancel by shredding the card and walking away.

Freaking douche bags, the lot of them.

M

Comment

Just an FYI, but for those with no-longer-authorized monthly charges, you probably don't have to get a new card.

When Nekojin went through that trouble dealing with the game company I mentioned earlier, the bank was willing to automatically reject any future charges from them due to their criminal stupidity.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    Just an FYI, but for those with no-longer-authorized monthly charges, you probably don't have to get a new card.

When Nekojin went through that trouble dealing with the game company I mentioned earlier, the bank was willing to automatically reject any future charges from them due to their criminal stupidity.

^-.-^
                    I didn't have to get a new card because of them, someone else nailed my card and that's why I got a new one.

Being able to finally drop real.com was just an extra bonus.

If they try to charge that card again I'm going to start getting creative with my insults.

M

Comment

f they try to charge that card again I'm going to start getting creative with my insults.

M
                      Nah, just turn dated copies of the letters and their charge requests over to the Feds and inform the company that legal action is being taken against them.

You'd be surprised at how quickly an apology will come out.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                      X