This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Conversation at Work

So The Wah, one of my coworkers, just asked this question at work.

The Wah: "So, Jay, would you do it, if at the end of the week, you'd be paid $3500, you could eat nothing but pizza."

J2K: "$3500? Only $3500? No."

The Wah: "Your favorite pizza. From your favorite pizza spot. For a week."

J2K: "For only $3500? Not worth it. I'd get sick of it after day three."

The Wah: "All right."

J2K: "Add a zero to the end of that. $35,000. Then maybe I'd do it."

The Wah: "Ha ha ha."

J2K: "Don't lowball me, man, make it worth the blow to my health."
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

As long as getting different pizzas over the course of the week is OK, I could probably do it, and $3500 would be well over a month of living expenses for me, so I'd certainly want the money.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Pizza? Sure. Any pizza you could name. Even if I had to repeat myself. Even pepperoni pizza, which I'm not huge on. Even supreme pizza with black olives, which I hate but can either be picked off of aren't that horrible surrounded by all the other stuff in a supreme.

To paraphrase an amusing t-shift my friend has, $3500 is $3500!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

For just a week? Your health wouldn't suffer that badly, for most folks, especially if you got something with veggies on it. I'd supplement it by drinking juice for my fruit. Seems like easy money to me.

Hell, I went a year without TV for $1000 as a teenager.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I'd eat pizza for every meal, every day for a month for that much money. Hell, if it were an ongoing deal, I'd eat it year-round and quit my job.
          "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
          -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

If I could control what went on (and in) it? Sure. Fresh ingredients, wholegrain or wholemeal dough, not too much oil, plenty of veggies, not too much cheese. I'd require the right amount of fruits, however, so probably some culinary-vegetables/botanical fruits in among the mix.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
              I'd require the right amount of fruits, however, so probably some culinary-vegetables/botanical fruits in among the mix.
              I believe tomatoes and green (bell) peppers are fairly common pizza toppings - and tomato sauce is standard.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I'd eat frozen Ellio's and Celeste pizza for a week for $3500. Not even a question.

Comment

Black olives aka little black washers...

Yeah, I'd do it. Pepperoni one day, mushroom & sausage another, plain cheese...there are enough variations that it wouldn't be that boring. Hell, there's a chain of pizza places that claims to have over 75 varieties. It could work.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    If I could control what went on (and in) it? Sure. Fresh ingredients, wholegrain or wholemeal dough, not too much oil, plenty of veggies, not too much cheese. I'd require the right amount of fruits, however, so probably some culinary-vegetables/botanical fruits in among the mix.
                    How about pineapple pieces?

Honestly my favorite topping on pizza aside from sausage
                    If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Not sure if I'm easy or if it's just a sign of how cast iron my digestive system can be, but for $3500 I'd eat frozen pizzas with the cardboard-like crust and be happy about it.

Hell, I'd probably eat pizza with actual cardboard for the crust for a week for $3500.

Comment

As long as I had free rein on what went on the pizza I'd do it.
                        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

pizza for a week for $3500, sure

apple pizza fr breakfast, and any variety i care for lunch and dinner...
                          "No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

Comment

3500 for pizza for a week? Piece of cake.

Now if it was for a month, that would probably need another zero for me to consider.

Comment

Sadly during a bout of depression I did have pizza for a month. Most expensive month for food I have ever had.

Comment

Working...
                              X