This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minor newsletter suckage

*just needed to get this off my chest, as this is one of the job duties which I hate the most when it comes to working for the church, but it's not directed towards any specific person/situation*

As I've probaby mentioned before, one of my major job duties as the secretary is putting together the newsletter and printing it, and this is something which I do NOT look forward to every month. Reason being that while we have volunteers who do the folding/mailing, and "Pastor Nancy" helps with proofreading, I'm the only one involved with actually formatting the articles and doing the printing.

This wouldn't be so bad if the job was full-time, or if I was allowed/able to pick up extra hours in the office when it comes time to get the newsletter done, but neither is the case. And where this gets sucky is that it takes roughly an hour to print out each section of the newsletter......the one I'm working on now has three sections, which works out to roughly an entire shift in the office to spend on printing. This doesn't take into account that I also have to print out/format the weekly bulletin, and that has to be done before a specific time on thursday,as that's when volunteers come in to help with folding them.
Working...
X