This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next time ask ask how big it is.

I have an old hamster cage that I no longer need since the hamster died 2-3 years ago and with two dogs, don't really want another hamster so I put it up for sale. I got one person interested in it and made plans to meet him at the store with a red dog and blue cat. When we met up He decided it wasn't big enough and didn't want it. So why when you were making these plans with me didn't you ask how big it was? I could've pulled up the specs easily.

Sorry for whining but it confuses me why He didn't just ask how big it was then.
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Sheldonrs and/or dalesys incoming in 3.... 2.... 1....

Sorry, just that your thread title is, um.... rather thought provoking?

Yes, it's annoying when people don't ask basic questions that make a difference.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

How enormous is his hamster? They don't tend to come in varying sizes like fish....
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post

Yes, it's annoying when people don't ask basic questions that make a difference.
        Was going to post be got distracted.

It doesn't matter to me how big it is. I'm a top.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          How enormous is his hamster? They don't tend to come in varying sizes like fish....
          I think it was that the cage wasn't as big as he was thinking. I'm a crap photographer so I don't know if the cage looked bigger in the pictures than it really was or what.

Quoth Kittish View Post

Sorry about that. I was still half asleep when I typed it up.
          Last edited by EricKei; 01-10-2014, 03:06 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

More than you can get in your mouse is a waste...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Why do I have a feeling I'm going to be the butt of a joke for a long time?

Comment

New chat up lines... 'Hi would you like to see my big hamster?'
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

New chat up lines... 'Hi would you like to see my big hamster?'
                  Can't really say much about that since one guy on Bad Ink had a monkey tattooed around his belly button so he could ask girls "Wanna come home and spank my monkey?"

Comment

Quoth darkroxas45 View Post
                    Why do I have a feeling I'm going to be the butt of a joke for a long time?
                    Drop the soap just once... and your reputation is made.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      Drop the soap just once... and your reputation is made.
                      Kinda surprised the higher ups haven't added to this. *knocks on wood*

Comment

Quoth darkroxas45 View Post
                        I think it was that the cage wasn't as big as he was thinking. I'm a crap photographer so I don't know if the cage looked bigger in the pictures than it really was or what.
                        Next time, put a reference item in the image. A ruler or measuring tape butted up against the long edge is good.

Also, put size in the ad.

Also, darkroxas? Looks like you're going to need these tissues.

(We don't need to add to the thread. Check 'knock on wood' in the urban dictionary. You guys are doing jussssst fine without us.)
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

It's Boo! The miniature giant space hamster!
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Ask, and ye shall receive (dale, sheldon, that one's a freebie)

Welcome to CS! ^_^

Meet dalesys and Sheldonrs. This is actually pretty tame for them. Don't worry, tho, we're friendly sorts around here.
                            It's Boo!
                            Go for the eyes, Boo!
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              Ask, and ye shall receive (dale, sheldon, that one's a freebie)

Welcome to CS! ^_^

Meet dalesys and Sheldonrs. This is actually pretty tame for them. Don't worry, tho, we're friendly sorts around here.
                              Go for the eyes, Boo!
                              you say "go for the eyes" but I was spoiled by Megatokyo so I say "go for the beer"

Comment

Working...
                              X