Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The microchip checking I'm planning to take care of tomorrow, at least I hope to. I don't have a cat carrier at all, so I'm not really looking forward to that. I am pretty concerned about the third eyelid showing. It may be just because she was dehydrated and malnourished.
    We picked up a cat box and it new how to use that right away. It's really common around here for college students (around here) to buy kittens and then leave them when they move. There's a healthy population of stray cats and an active trap/spay/neuter group.

I'll take a better look at her when I clean her tomorrow. Right now she's hiding under the recliner.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
      The dog-should get on fine with.
      I'm more worried that when I clicked on it to get a closer view,your other pics came up.And you appear to have a Roman army in the kitchen.How will she deal with them?
      More like Greek. It was a party last week. I always forget that photobucket also links to the album. Whatev, I got nothing to hide.

ETA: I'm trying to push Sookie for the name should the cat stay, to keep with my somewhat vampiric theme for cat names.

Comment

Seems like you've got a new cat! And it appears its name is Snook, no matter how much you may try to change it. Looks like a Snook to me!

Definitely get it to the vet post haste, for all the reasons already mentioned.

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
        Why didn't they add the "i" to her name and call her Snooki?
        Because one would hope her kids have better taste than THAT!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Have the vets double-check the sex. Most orange cats are male. If it's really a girl, you've got something unusual there
          Actually we had the same thing happen to us. Freezing cold winter night and we found a teeny kitten mewing outside the back door. We already had 2 so Mum was not at all keen on keeping it, especially as it was ginger and therefore a tom cat. Turned out on closer examination, it was a she.

She's now a big 17 year old lady, still in great health and still capable of staring down the neighbourhood dogs.
          "I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere and I'm here for the hell of it now"

Comment

Ok, now I can't find it. It was curled up on my sofa at about 4am when I took the dog out. No way it could have gotten out because it was in the same spot when I let the dog in. And the dog didn't harass it because he sleeps in my room. It did stuff in the night like poop and eat, but it's nowhere to be found.

Comment

It...she...has a name. I'm sure your kids can attest to that. :P

I would say look up or look down. That's usually where Mom's boys go.

Comment

I'm trying not to get too attached to Snook (it's a town near here :/. It's a darn good thing I'm not having any more kids, it'd probably end up being called Chalupa Batman -points for the reference).
                She found her way into the girls room during the night. The poop is super runny and grainy. I -think- she might have parasites. Not sure. She's actually looking much better today after a good nights rest and plenty of food and water.
                She's not fond of being picked up, but she enjoys getting petted. Fortunately the two kids that found her have been really involved with taking care of her.

I'm going to take her to Pet Store in a bit and get her checked for a microchip. From there I'll make an appointment to get her looked at.

Oh yeah, we put a dog door in recently and this morning, I kid you not, Buster showed her where it was and how it opens.
                She was sitting in the kitchen and he stuck his head in her face, walked to the dog door, stuck his head through it, and looked straight back at her. THEN he did it all over again.

Comment

Quoth violiavampyr View Post
                  Oh yeah, we put a dog door in recently and this morning, I kid you not, Buster showed her where it was and how it opens.
                  She was sitting in the kitchen and he stuck his head in her face, walked to the dog door, stuck his head through it, and looked straight back at her. THEN he did it all over again.
                  They're gonna get along just fine.

The runny poop thing could well be parasites, or could also be stress and malnutrition. Be sure to take a recent sample in when you take her to the vet. I know, ewww.

She looks like a pretty lady. Reminds me of Ginger and Amber, a pair of orange tabby girls I had. Alas, they both insisted on being inside/outside cats (they used our dog door), and coyotes got em. Now we keep the dog door closed off, and let the dog in and out ourselves as needed. Thankfully neither Kitteh nor Bittle has any interest at all in going outside.
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Ooops, yeah, most strays have intestinal worms at least. There are meds for that. Also fleas (unless you live where it's really cold now, in which case she probably doesn't have those--anyway you'd know by now).

She's very pretty!
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

No chip (not really surprised) and she doesn't seem to have fleas or ticks. I've got a vet appointment set for next week so I can find out there's any major health issues to worry about.

On another note, Beethoven's on TV. Man that vet guy in that movie is super evil. I didn't realize how dark the movie was when I was a kid. But why didn't Charles Grodin notice that there were no lacerations or bite marks on the guy?

Comment

Cause the first time he was hiding it. Although I think I would have insisted on a ambulance and NOT let the guy left. Even call the cops cause the guy hit my dog and my dog was defending himself.

Comment

Right? Even in the 90's all dogs bites had to be reported to police or hospitals. I think.

Anyway, Snook still has really runny poop and has trouble making it to the box. We switched to Purina Kitten food and it looks like it helped a bit with the consistency, but the poop is still mostly sludge.

Comment

Definitely get her to the vet - check first, they might want a stool sample (ick, but necessary)

I keep a stock of Fortiflora on hand - actually the one I have is for dogs, but works for the cats too (they are all the same size in my house). At the first sign of runny poops they all get a sprinkle and it clears it up almost all of the time.

Comment

Vet appt is set for Saturday. I really hope it's just a side-affect of being out in the elements scrounging for who knows how long and nothing major.

Comment

I'm thinking it is. The good food is finally starting to get her body to expell all the bad stuff cause she doesn't "need" it anymore. Either that or she has a cold.

Comment

Working...
                                X