This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Greenday View Post
    Just waiting for my new sneakers to get here. Supposed to be good if you are flat footed.
    May I ask you what kind they are? My husband is flat footed. He can't run with me because it causes him too much pain. He cycles instead, but I don't like cycling. It would be nice to go for our morning exercise routes together.

...forget the name of another one with dumbbells (you start with your arms up in a L shape, then push up and they meet over your head), and plenty of running.
    Shoulder press. Sometimes called a military press.

If you only do a handful of strength training exercises, do that one, bench presses, squats, dips, and chin-ups. That covers almost your entire body and works combinations of muscles instead of just one or two.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Another twenty-five minutes. This time I have a sweatband. Took very little time to get heart rate back to abnormal. I think I'll hit the eating less thing on Monday.

Rapscallion

Comment

If you think the elliptical is bad, never get on an arc trainer. I could have sworn my lower body detached itself.

I don't do much cardio anymore. It never gave me any results. I still love a good walk with a friend or the crazy old dog.

I do a lot of weight lifting. It has significantly tightened me up.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Been hitting the gym at work every day. Did some light hiking. Cut waaaay back on coffee (and now drink it w/o sugar if I have some) and cut back on soda.

Poochy belly is smaller. Weight is down 3 lbs . Gonna be hard not to snack this weekend
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I've been missing walks due to severe back pain. I'm afraid I may have a slipped disk or something. Well, after the painkillers kicked in today, I did 20 mins, about a mile.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've lost 10 pounds in the past 2 wees (yay me!). I think I did it the lazy way.

Dexatrim (no arguing, please) in the morning, caffeine pills in the late morning / early afternoon.

Trying to eat healthier and less. I cut out soda 100% and now only drink water unless I am out. I also try not to snack as much at work as I used to (I"m sure this was a big contributor).

I also try to eat a healthy dinner - last night was 1/2 a grilled chicken breast and a big pile of raw veggies.

I also try to take a dog for a long walk 2-4 times a week (which reminds me, now isn't a bad time for that!).
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I've noticed a fantastic (for me) result wearing my Vibram 5fingers to the gym... I can walk a little faster on the treadmill than previously, and so far get significantly less pain at the tops of my leg/hip area
                It still appears after a while, but I was fairly amazed at the difference!

Exercise wise though, the most I've had since Thursday is a pub crawl with a lot of inebriated Scots people in the Isle of Bute!
                That was an experience
                Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

How long did it take to get used to the 5fingers? I've been thinking about getting a pair....

I've taken to wearing my pack at the gym, started with 10 pounds, gonna carry 15n next week...that's more than I'll have hiking, so great practice. Of course, I'll wear my knew braces to be safe.
                  "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Not long at all
                    I felt it in my lower calf muscle and bottoms of feet for a few days while I was adjusting to them that's all.
                    I got 2 pairs, classics & KSOs. Have got a small problem with blisters on one foot with the KSOs, but its rarely a pair of shoes I do get that doesn't give me a blister at first. I've just protected the area with blister patches & they're wearing in nicely now
                    Arp happens!

Comment

Got on the scales today. 18 stones, 5 pounds. 257 pounds for those continentally to the west.

Didn't have breakfast, due to being always about to get on the exercise doohickey. Had a large Sunday lunch, but I'm now on the 'eat less' side of things. May even increase the amount of time I spend on the doohickey (I like calling it that). However, the whole eating less thing is going to suck.

Rapscallion

Comment

I have managed to shed a few pounds now that I've been working at the fabric store (spending most of the day running bolts of fabric back to the floor will do that), but I need to start doing more. Alas, swimming season is nearly over.

However, they do have a decent workout room at my apartment complex, including crosstrainer, treadmill and exercise bike, so now all I need to do is get my butt over there on days I have off and get to work!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I have been working out for a little over a month now. Have not lost a single pound. But I have lost inches.

I so do not want to exercise today. but I will.
                          My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Worked a full day manual yesterday. Felt it last night, but it felt good at the time. Seem to have strained my right thumb in the process :/

Anyway, weighed self first thing and down to 18st 1lb, which isn't that unexpected. I was in the fridge yesterday and that dehydrates you somewhat. Had another 25 minutes on the exercise doohickey today and was impressed that I wasn't breathing heavily until after ten minutes. Oh yes.

Rapscallion

Comment

Walked around my neighborhood for a a few hours yesterday, was rather nice. Tried to make it downtown, but with out traffic lights the evil intersection was, well, evil. Didn't want to risk it.

Comment

I just got back from the gym where I managed to burn off over 400 cals in a session for the first time in months

I suspect I wont tomorrow
                                Arp happens!

Comment

Working...
                                X