Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always believed if it ruptures, if you don't do anything about it, the infection will eventually kill you.

The doc believes his appendix ruptured a week ago Thursday. Don't ask me how he was able to work all week in so much pain, because that has to just be terrible the longer it goes on.

Anyway, for some reason, instead of the infection spreading, it formed a bubble, which is why he's pretty lucky. So, they have to spend the next few days draining that bubble out, and it's going to be a few weeks before they can actually operate on the appendix.

I saw him today, and he can't have solid foods. He looks pretty tired and miserable. I feel so bad for him
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ow that sucks...Tell him we're all thinking of him and sending good thoughts for a quick healing!
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Hope all goes well, blas!

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        <Rob had his appendix blow on him when he was 12 ... his mom kept telling him that it was some sort of stomach bug for a week -
        My cousin's son complained of frequent stomach pain when he was 10 and they thought he just didn't want to go to school...he ended up getting his gall bladder removed.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

He's doing a lot better today and is allowed solid foods now

Comment

Similar story; little brother ruptured his appendix, had it out within 2 days (he was in the military at the time), so everyone joked that he had been molested by a robot. Then, while he was zonked on painkillers so unable to move, we sat down and made him watch every episode of Firefly.

He still hasn't forgiven us because the show made him laugh.

Comment

I'm under strict instructions not to make him laugh because it hurts, and he also isn't supposed to do anything to compromise the draining tube that he has.

Comment

*offers your brother hugs* May he recover quickly.
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  I'm under strict instructions not to make him laugh because it hurts, and he also isn't supposed to do anything to compromise the draining tube that he has.

My b/f's best friends gave him a 1001 joke book while he was in hospital.
                  Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Quoth Bardmaiden View Post
                    My b/f's best friends gave him a 1001 joke book while he was in hospital.
                    And that was when she stood up in the stirrups and told everybody in the delivery room that my parents had only known each other through the knothole in the reform school fence.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

He gets to come home sometime today

Comment

Ouch! Hoping for a swift recovery for him.

Slightly OT- He's still with that psycho chick???!!
                        "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Oh Lords, yes he is.

No worries. There will be an upcoming thread about her and how she's acted throughout this ordeal sometime late in the week or this weekend when I'm done with work for the week. May be on Fratch if I can't contain myself.

Comment

This may get interesing.
                            Back to your OP, wishing him a quick recovery.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Glad to hear he's doing well, and I hope he recovers quickly.

I've never had any issues with my appendix personally, but from what I know, sometimes a person may have their appendix rupture and then feel relief from their pain. They think this means whatever was wrong went away and that can lead to trouble because typically infection spreads and fucks you over.

So yes, he indeed got very lucky. I hope he will also understand now that it's important to not assume something very abnormal is nothing.

Comment

good luck to your little bro, Blas

Comment

Working...
                                X