Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accused of nearly killing invisible people…..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused of nearly killing invisible people…..

My work is located on a one way, one lane loop, and at the top of the loop, is an entrance to a train station (and not of the 2 main entries to this particular station either!)

The speed limit is 50 kilometres per hour (kph), and for the top of the loop near the train station, 10kph. There is also a stop sign at the end of the loop, before turning either left or right (I always go right, which brings you onto a one lane in each direction road, which widens into 2 lanes, and then to 3 lanes right before the traffic lights – and also 50kph)

I never go over 50kph, as there is usually pedestrians around, and always drive between 30-40kph (and obviously go 10kph or less near the station). So a couple of weeks ago, I am driving around the loop, I was going just under 40kph. I slow down to 10kph at the station, stop to let a couple of pedestrians cross, continue along the other side of the loop at just under 40kph, stop at the stop sign, and go when it is clear, and again, went just under 40kph to the traffic lights, which were red. From the end of the 10kph zone to the traffic lights, there had been no pedestrians anywhere to be seen.

As it was cold, I only had my window open about 4 inches at the top, but I always drive with all my doors locked, as I am the only one in my car 95% of the time.

This wanker gets out of his car, knocks on my window and yells at me “Do you realise how fast you were going around there? You could have killed someone the way you were driving. You might want to think about that with the police station right across the road” *points at police station*

It had been a long, crappy day, and I had left work quite a bit later than usual, so I just did not have the energy to argue with the wanker, so I just closed my window on him, and luckily for me, the lights chose that moment to change green, so I just drive off.

I am sure you can imagine my delight, when 2 days later, this same wanker was behind me on the one way, one lane loop. I hit the brakes and dropped to 5kph, and went 5kph up to the train station, dropped to 2kph at the top near the station, stopped to let as many pedestrians as possible cross, then after the station, continued along the other side of the loop at 5kph (by which point he started beeping his horn and yelled at me to drive faster). I stayed at 5kph.

I could see the look of frustration on his face in the rear view mirror, so I decided to annoy him further. When I got to the stop sign, I stopped…. For 5 minutes (even though the road was clear for most of the time). He started beeping his horn and yelling at me to move so I yelled back “I can’t, I might kill someone” When I finally decided to move, I continued at 5kph all the way to the traffic lights. He was in the lane next to me at the lights (to turn the opposite direction) and had the nerve to yell “what were you playing at? You could have moved faster than that”. I calmly replied and said “I may have killed an invisible person, just like the invisible person you accused me of nearly killing the other night”. He ended up making this weird “hmph” noise, closed the window, and did not look at me again.

Epic pawning! You are awesome!
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Yes! I love it!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Oh the joy of that most rare and epic moment of perfect revenge. The rarity of that moment makes the taste oh so much more delightful. Yes, his tears are delicious.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
        X