This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something that always pisses me off.

I was at a burger place where you order at the counter from a menu that is on signs you can see while you are in line. They then give you a pager and you pick up your food when it is ready.

Why am I always behind two girls who spend their entire time in line texting or yammering to each other, only to start thinking of what they want to order when they are at the till. The menu boards are fucking huge. They could be read from Jupiter.

And you know it is not their first time there. Just like the old Sinbad routine.

http://wn.com/Sinbad_Ranks_On_McDonalds
    Last edited by csquared; 10-10-2010, 12:37 AM. Reason: Typo
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I hate this. I always try to have in mind what I want before I even get there. If it's a place I don't frequent and I know ahead of time I'll be there, I go so far as to look up the menu online! I don't like waiting behind people who take forever to order, and I don't like holding up people behind me.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

This happens all the time at school, at both places where I get food. x.x; It's almost always a group of 3, they're always jabbering away about something, and they always swear up and down that yes, they *are* in line. When they're standing about 10 feet away from the grill and no one else is there. At Jazzman's, it's *always* girls. At the cafe, it's always this one group of boys that I have no idea why they're there because they look like they're 13.

If I get distracted by talking to people, or if I don't know what I'm gonna get yet, I get the heck outta line. Especially at a school where people are coming and going from class to class and, thus, don't exactly have time to wait around for people to stop prattling about who did what on such-and-such reality show.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

what's so hard about standing back until you know what you want? yeesh

makes you wanna tell those girls "well if you can't figure it out, step aside"
          tho they'd prolly have heart attacks from someone actually telling them that
          and then they'd have to spend 20 minutes tweeting and FB'ing about it.

Comment

Our drive through is like that. Real old store, so there's only space for two cars-one ordering, one picking up, then the rest backing into the street.

They will sit there for 15 plus minutes, and then spend another six or seven at the board trying to decide what to order. They never seem to figure out that this is what gives them their up to half a freakin hour wait in line out there, everyone doing the synchronized duhhhh uhhhhh ahhhhh yeaaaahhhhh routine.

Meanwhile, our lone front counter person does war against flies, random specks of dust, and boredom on the poor lobby register...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              what's so hard about standing back until you know what you want? yeesh

makes you wanna tell those girls "well if you can't figure it out, step aside"
              tho they'd prolly have heart attacks from someone actually telling them that
              NO SOUP FOR YOU!

That's how I would have handled it anyways.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Juggler View Post
                I was at a burger place where you order at the counter from a menu that is on signs you can see while you are in line. They then give you a pager and you pick up your food when it is ready.

Why am I always behind two girls who spend their entire time in line texting or yammering to each other, only to start thinking of what they want to order when they are at the till. The menu boards are fucking huge. They could be read from Jupiter.
                Have you ever seen the "Soup Nazi" episode of Seinfeld?

Just imagine it, they get to the counter, begin to decide what they want, and the employee says in a stern voice "you wait until NOW to decide? back of the line!", and if they dare to argue, "NO FOOD FOR YOU! GET OUT!"

Comment

Working...
                X