This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave Barry said it best -

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person. (This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)"
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      Dave Barry said it best -

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person. (This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)"
      I have always found that to be true esp in the dating and business situations.

Quoth Dasota View Post
      I have a friend that worked the fast food circuit and a bit of retail before moving on to a group home company, and I've never known someone so rude to people that work in food service. I asked her one time why she was so rude to people like that and she said it was because she had to deal with it and so should everyone else.

obviously this person did not learn any lessons. we are NOT required to be shit on just cause someone shit on you.

I get that all the time as a delivery driver. some driver 10 freaking years ago was rude to a delivery. from that time on the customer is rude (as in condecending or trating the driver like scum and to boot the customer will tend to be a serial stiffer) to ALL drivers no matter how pleasent or nice or fast they are. why do I have to pay the price when I did nothing wrong??????
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

After spending 12 years in retail (been out just since July and I'm still doing the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" dance), I'm extremely sensitive to how the worker is being treated by other customers. Even to point of opening my big mouth. Hey, as another customer, we can call the asshole out. I see it as a service to retail/food workers everywhere.

I've also gotten to an age that my tolerance of asshattery of any type is in the negative digits.

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        I have always found that to be true esp in the dating and business situations.
        Isn't it though?
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
        X